The Thunderbroom Mega Blog

Thunderbroom

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:o Maybe I'm thinking of a different one then, hehe. Well, one that looks like that one I used in December of last year doing sound for a friend of mine's band. They had all decent gear, just needed someone to run the board. Either way, it was a nice board, so I assume this will be too.

• Members
Originally posted by RyCLB

Little?! Those old CS-series amps were friggin' boat anchors!
:D

Cool Peavey side story:

I was helping a friend run sound for a concert on the levee in Baton Rouge, LA years ago. He had a huge rack of those old Peavey CS amps (800's and 400's). It had rained all day long and there was mud everywhere. Some idiot managed to knock the amp rack off the stage (about an 8 foot fall) into a huge puddle of mud. We grabbed the rack out of the mud, cleaned off the amps as much as possible and powered everything back on. Those amps worked like they were brand new. I love Peavey.
:D

Man, that's great!

Ya, I think the cases they built them in had one inch thick walls of LEAD!

But they're work-horses!

• Members

Originally posted by fastplant

Wow, that's defintiely not what I used, nevermind. It does look a lot like it thought. Sounds very cool.

Yeah...those red, blue and black knobs are kinda out there, but I'm hoping that it makes it easier to keep track of all the knobs.

• 2 months later...

Archived