Almost a Rig of Doom

beam

• Members

Hell yeah! :cool:

Bartolini power all the way! By the way once you get that new Eden on top of a couple 12's, you will truly have the Rig Of Doom! ;):D

Sometime I want to hear that whole setup by the way!

• Members

Originally posted by L-1329

Hell yeah!
:cool:

Bartolini power all the way! By the way once you get that new Eden on top of a couple 12's, you will truly have the Rig Of Doom!
;):D

Sometime I want to hear that whole setup by the way!

;)

I'm thinking the 115XL actually, though 12's would probably sound pretty killer too. Can't go wrong with any eden setup :p

• Members

Originally posted by J.

There's a guy on TB selling an SWR Big Ben (old style) which has the 18" Bag End driver. I suggest that for the rig of doom.
:cool:

No way! All Doom rigs will have 212's, and at least two or four 10's, and at least 1000 watts of unneccessary power. We can cut you some slack on the last part because of the Trace however.:D

Seriously, Beam, try out a 212 cab before you get thet 115. I would trade in my 115 Epi in a second for a good 212, and I can tell you that if your bass has as much DEEP low end as mine, you will not be disappointed!

• Members

Seriously, Beam, try out a 212 cab before you get thet 115. I would trade in my 115 Epi in a second for a good 212, and I can tell you that if your bass has as much DEEP low end as mine, you will not be disappointed!

If you come across a 212XLT somewhere local, let me know where :D

• Members

Originally posted by timmerz

So Beam, can I assume those Barts didn't come stock on the Schector?

It had to come with EMG's, right? Did you do the switch-out yourself?

They sound a lot better?

Yea, it came stock with the typical EMG HZ pickups and an EMG 2-band preamp.

I had a tech switch everything out, but yea I had it done.

M34M in the neck, M34C in the bridge. They sound a TON better. The indistinct sterility of the EMGs is gone, now it has tons of growl and midrange punch with an all passive setup.

• Members

That's the {censored}.

Should go in the FAQ's under "EMG HZ's"....

I'll bet that bass set up the way you've got it, running through that amp and that cab is a totally sweet sound.

Congratulations on your taste!

• Members

Originally posted by timmerz

That's the {censored}.

Should go in the FAQ's under "EMG HZ's"....

I'll bet that bass set up the way you've got it, running through that amp and that cab is a totally sweet sound.

Congratulations on your taste!

I'm really loving the tone :D

• Members

How can it almost be a Rig of Doom when it's almost small enough to be trod upon by dwarves?

Stonehenge, where the demons dwell

where the banshees live and they do live well

where the dewdrops cry and the cats meow

Glad you dig the rig, man!

• Members

No way! All Doom rigs will have 212's, and at least two or four 10's, and at least 1000 watts of unneccessary power. We can cut you some slack on the last part because of the Trace however.
:D

I'm gonna have to agree that a 2x12 will definitely work better than the 1x15. That's a nice looking rig as it is :D

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

I'm gonna have to agree that a 2x12 will definitely work better than the 1x15. That's a nice looking rig as it is

Well, the 115XL was made specifically to go with the 210XLT, so I'm sure it doesn't sound "Bad." Allan actually had this rig a while back and said it was damn impressive, he just downsized for portability.

Not that the 2x12 would be bad, it would just be different ;)

• Members

No way! All Doom rigs will have 212's, and at least two or four 10's, and at least 1000 watts of unneccessary power. We can cut you some slack on the last part because of the Trace however.

Foolish mortal! Doom rigs require a 15 at minimum unless there are 4, not 2 12's. 4 12's and an 18 are preferable for authentic doom, though 2 12's and an 18 might do it.

• Members

Originally posted by Sixgun77

Foolish mortal! Doom rigs require a 15 at minimum unless there are 4, not 2 12's. 4 12's and an 18 are preferable for authentic doom, though 2 12's and an 18 might do it.

I'm not worthy...:(

Beam, I mentioned the 12's mainly if you were going to be using it with a band. I have found that even though the 115 thunders it just does not come through as very perceptable. The 212 would be a more usefull tool for any kind of loud situation where cut would be needed. And they do have some impressive low end as well. You basically can't go wrong with either route, and will have one damn fine rig!:cool:

Archived