Sweetest practice-amp?

Flod

• Members

I'm selling my 50W practice amp to my brother, thinking it's to loud for my appartment anyway (and cash is needed).

Just for kicks I then tried playing bass trough my 15W Kustom g**t*r amp, and after som dialing, I got a acceptable tone out of it.

My question to the forum is: is there a low wattage, great sounding practice amp out there, or should I just settle for playing trough my guitar amp? Perhaps I should get a BDDI and play trough my mixer... But the sansamp is not sans-pricey :(

What do you guys use at home for practice?

• Members

I just ordered the Tascam Bass Trainer headphone amp/CD player for a portable practice amp. Then again this is for a travel rig, not really home practice. For that I fire up my 1000 watt rack.:D For just practice, anything is good. If your guitar head works keep using it and save the money for something you will need later on. All you have to do is be able to hear yourself playing, and you have a good practice rig.

• Members

The Peavey Microbass is ok, but the Minx110 for just a little more gives you the fuller sound of a ten & better wattage ratingof 35 watts.

However, keep in mind that with some of the nicer small combos, such as Nemesis 210. You can get nice sound at lower volumes easier then with most little combos. Cause of how Eden does their pre & master volume contours. With a lot of little combos you only get master volume, no pre. And barely on is often louder with them then with those that have better volume contours for the master volume. The former are often set up to be pretty much max volume by the time your at half volume. Unlike the latter. Also with bass you want a decent amount of headroom for better tone. The Peavey Minx110 is my fave little practice amp. But I can play my Nemesis 210 combo with its extension 15" cab at very low volumes quite easilly when thats needed. And of course crank it up quite a bit more when thats called for too.

Archived