Confession thread...

bassballs

• Members

OK....Well, here we go

Ummmm, you guys all know how I feel about RIC's right?

Well, I gotta tell ya, I'm really liking my Fender Jazz basses a lot lately... They sound GREAT when I'm recording with them. My RIC, I've had trouble recording direct in the past(needs compression BIGTIME) Also, the Jazz basses are so diverse in their tone during live playing...:o

I still love my RIC soooo much and it feels so good to play. I love the neck, the way it feels and that awesome tone! But, it's just a higher maintenance bass:( I love that aggressive growl and that signature RIC sound) and would never want to go without it in my arsenal but, I just feel like the Fender Jazz bass is so much more versatile....:eek::(:o I feel so dirty and cheap...I feel like I'm cheating on my RIC...I've even been playing the Fender more than the RIC lately just practicing by myself...Thanks for reading

• Members

Originally posted by greenshag

I have no love left for you:mad:

:eek: WAIT!!! I still LOVE my RIC!!! Seriously...I'm just playing my Fender Jazz basses a lot more lately....I guess I'm just starting to appreciate them a bit more...I just feel guilty:confused: weird...I know

• Members

Originally posted by bassballs

:eek:
WAIT!!! I still LOVE my RIC!!! Seriously...I'm just playing my Fender Jazz basses a lot more lately....I guess I'm just starting to appreciate them a bit more...I just feel guilty:confused: weird...I know

ok then, make sure to caress your Ric after each jazz session.

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

no shame in havine your ear for tone evolve. Of course, I can't say much since I have never played a ric.

:mad: I may be playing my Feder Jazz more...but YOU HAVE TO GET A RIC!!!:mad:

At least play one...you'll love it!:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by bassballs

:mad:
I may be playing my Feder Jazz more...but YOU HAVE TO GET A RIC!!!
:mad:

At least play one...you'll love it!
:cool:

I would but two things stand in the way:

1. there isn't a ric dealer within 300 miles of where I live, and I want to play before I buy

2. I don't have the cash for another electric right now.

Archived