Basshunter's "Relaxing Picture of the Day!!!!"

basshunter

• Members

Originally posted by greenshag

Maine? wow, never thought Maine had those type of colors....*adds Maine to the list of states I need to check out*

There are parts of Maine that are staggeringly beautiful. That picture is from Acadia National Park.

Here's a bonus pic while we are on the Maine subject:

Katahdin.jpg

That's Mount Katahdin. The summit is the first place in the continental US that the sun hits every morning, and was a very sacred spot to the Native Americans in the region. It has been a long time goal of mine to hike katahdin and set camp so that I can stand on the summit before sunrise, so the I would be the first thing in the US that the sun hit. That would be {censored}ing cool...

• Members

Originally posted by basshunter

There are parts of Maine that are staggeringly beautiful. That picture is from Acadia National Park.

Here's a bonus pic while we are on the Maine subject:

Katahdin.jpg

That's Mount Katahdin. The summit is the first place in the continental US that the sun hits every morning, and was a very sacred spot to the Native Americans in the region. It has been a long time goal of mine to hike katahdin and set camp so that I can stand on the summit before sunrise, so the I would be the first thing in the US that the sun hit. That would be {censored}ing cool...

lovely!

• Members

Originally posted by bnyswonger

I was under the impression that Cadillac Mt. on Mt. Desert was the first to see the sun in the US...I think they say that there, anyway. Nice pic!

I love Maine, but I don't think I can afford to go this year...
:(

I'm 99% sure it Katahdin but who knows...close enough!!!

Bummer you can't make the trip this year Bob...:(

Archived