Final Rounds for a Great

Craig Vecchione

• CMS Author

Golf legend Jack is retiring after the British Open:

"I expect I'll be just as emotional at St. Andrews," Nicklaus said. "I'm a sentimental old fool. I enjoy being part of history and what's going on, but I don't consider myself competitive any more. Hopefully when I get to St. Andrews I will have some kind of game. It won't be great, but I hope not to embarrass myself. I will enjoy it."

I'm a cynical old {censored}, but this brings a tear to my eye. He and Arnold Palmer embody the spirit of competition and more importantly, sportsmanship as much as any professional.

• Members

Originally posted by Monkabutt

Tiger may break Jack' record of majors but for me Jack will always be the greatest. Replays of his win at the Masters in 1986 when he was thought to be too old to win is still give me goose bumps.

+1

I'm glad Jack is calling it quits before his game goes too far downhill. I think Arnie drug out his ending a little too long. Remember a couple years ago when Jack made a Sunday charge at the Masters? That was cool.;)

• Members

Originally posted by Monkabutt

Tiger may break Jack' record of majors but for me Jack will always be the greatest. Replays of his win at the Masters in 1986 when he was thought to be too old to win is still give me goose bumps.

Nicolaus has always been my fav, but If Tiger keeps anywhere near his longevity, Tiger WILL be the greatest of all time. He is simply too good to be denied.

• Members

Originally posted by lug

Nicolaus has always been my fav, but If Tiger keeps anywhere near his longevity, Tiger WILL be the greatest of all time. He is simply too good to be denied.

It will be interesting to see how good Tiger will be with a hot wife at home. ;)

Archived