Bassball's-Space Picture of the Day!

bassballs

• Members

vt2004_westlake_c1.jpg

Venus Transit at Sunrise

Credit & Copyright: Jimmy Westlake (Colorado Mountain College)

Explanation: Did you see the transit? While some watched by webcast, sky gazers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia were able to witness the complete 6 hour journey of Venus' silhouetted disk across the face of the Sun. As seen from North America, the much heralded Venus Transit of 2004 was nearing its final stages at sunrise yesterday in this telescopic image. The view looks across the Atlantic from Tybee Island near Savannah, Georgia, USA. In fact, many in eastern North America experienced a dramatic view of a perfect, dark, round Venus against a reddened Sun filtered by banks of low clouds. Ironically, the Sun takes on the appearance of a cloud covered planet itself as Venus marches toward the right through this dreamlike scene.

Ya know...I always find myself asking Jason where his "Relaxing Picture of the Day" is...No one EVER asks me where my picture is taken...:(

FYI, for those of you interested, this picture is taken in space...:D

• Members

Originally posted by greenshag

:mad:

on a side note, where ya been jamie?

Flu all weekend. Just horrible. I was puking so hard that I threw my back out. I'm still kind of sick, but I didn't want to miss any more work.

• Members

Originally posted by Bonoman

Flu all weekend. Just horrible. I was puking so hard that I threw my back out. I'm still kind of sick, but I didn't want to miss any more work.

sorry to hear that, feel better man!

• Members

Originally posted by Bonoman

Geeze! Hope you're feeling better Bro...

Archived