please help guys, crystal meth problem

cosmicpimp2

• Members

My wife works in mental health and she reckons 60% of her patients have problems related to drug abuse, speed (meth) and skunk weed being the main offenders.

What's not clear is how close is the causal link with the drug abuse.

Sure, psychotic symptoms can be amplified / triggered by drug use, and sometimes ill people 'self - medicate' with street drugs.

As regards your friend, a critical step in getting well should be to steer clear of all drugs except those which he is prescribed.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Members

Originally posted by cosmicpimp2

I dont know where to look for info and ive been searching the web but i have a serious question and hopefully someone out there is a doctor. Can there be any lasting problems from using meth only once or twice? Ive never done it but i have a friend that has gone crazy and has been locked up for saying stuff like he's god and still thinks wierd stuff even though he's been locked up for a week or so. I think he might have used meth and it messed him up real bad. Thanks guys i appreciate any thing u can find.

once or twice? yeah, he's probably ok.

it sounds like he had a preexisting condition, although he could have done a {censored} load of it i guess.

• Members

Originally posted by ImaSmrtBaby

once or twice? yeah, he's probably ok.

it sounds like he had a preexisting condition, although he could have done a {censored} load of it i guess.

+1

drug induced psychosis. Does he have a history of schizophrenia in his faimly ?

• Members
Originally posted by Weirdocat

+1

drug induced psychosis. Does he have a history of schizophrenia in his faimly ?

my old drummer is schizophrenic. strong weed keeps him stable though.

i guess i'm kinda the same way though. i start to hate the world, and plot its distruction.

then someone gives me a rum and coke, and i'm like "hi everyone! i love you all so very much!"

:o

• Members

Originally posted by Crescent Seven

Meth makes you stupid for about a week after you stop doing it

Tell me that one again! I've got a couple of coworkers that do it outside of work. Holy {censored}.... One of them sort of functions but you can tell his life outside of the workplace is a mess.... Rarely has a home, and all that fun stuff. The next gets by on having large breasts. She is a nice girl, but i've never met someone so stripped of common sense. The 3rd is in the process of being fired. Congratulations. You now have more time to do meth.

Funny thing is, they all live in the same house!

• Members

Like it has been said - there's no chance that the guy got it because of meth (or anything for that matter - pretty much everything will kill you faster than give you a week-long trip). He's either an actual honest nutcase, or is pulling the best prank of his life.

• Members
Originally posted by megadan

"Users of large amount of amphetamines over a long period of time can develop an amphetamine psychosis, which is a mental disorder similar to paranoid schizophrenia. The psychosis is manifested by hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Bizarre, sometime violent, behavior is exhibited by those with amphetamine psychosis. Symptoms usually disappear within a few weeks after drug use stops."

Yes.. but are there any negative effects?

:D

Archived