i just finished watching the FLEA adventures

SHIVmongrel

• Members

in spontaneous jamming.....

my right hand fingers are going to be sore next week now that i'm learning a bit of his popping technique

side note: i'll preface this by admitting i've been in vegas at least 5 days a week for the last 3 months, but still--i've only played my six string guitars once since i bought my bass:eek:

...and i was as seriously into my guitar playing as i've ever been, with weekly lessons from a monster local jazz musician

i love this instrument:)

• Members

Originally posted by SHIVmongrel

in spontaneous jamming.....

my right hand fingers are going to be sore next week now that i'm learning a bit of his popping technique

side note: i'll preface this by admitting i've been in vegas at least 5 days a week for the last 3 months, but still--i've only played my six string guitars once since i bought my bass:eek:

...and i was as seriously into my guitar playing as i've ever been, with weekly lessons from a monster local jazz musician

i love this instrument:)

Yeah, once you go low, your guitar playing will never show.

;)

• Members

Originally posted by timmerz

SHIV, was that a DVD you got, or something? I'm not familiar with it....how can I get a copy?

yes, it is a DVD distributed by Hal Leonard

it's really cool even just to watch as it has flea jamming with chad smith when he's not giving an interview with river phoenix and showing how he executes his techniques

i went to GC and bought one, but i'm sure you can find them online from a number of places:)

--btw, i'm SHIV--i just started a new profile after my email crashed instead of trying to retrieve my login info from HC

• Members

I bought this on VHs a few years back. And while it is cool seeing Flea jam, it just solitified my distaste for the guy. The "genius" of River Pheonix really came to light too.

River- " So uh you dig playing the bass huh."

Flea- "Yes it's just such a beautiful thing to feel the music flow through you. It gives me the feeling of running naked through a field of posey's. The gentle pedals caressing my tube sock."

River- " Wow man...that's like rad.

Archived