UPS tracking, should i be worried?

1039greenday

• Members

I recently ordered a GBE600, and i am waiting anxiously for it to arrive. Ive been tracking it every day since friday. There has not been any update since saturday, and im starting to worry that something happened here is what it says on the details page

On Time

Scheduled Delivery: May 25, 2005

Shipped to: ********, NY, US

Shipped or Billed on: May 19, 2005

Tracking Number: *******************

Service Type: GROUND

Weight: 37.00 Lbs

Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of May 25, 2005.

Package Progress:

Date/

Time

Activity

May 20, 2005

1:23 A.M.

ONTARIO, CA, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

May 19, 2005

8:21 P.M.

US

BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

6:52 P.M.

ONTARIO, CA, US

ORIGIN SCAN

Should i be worried? should i try to call UPS?

• CMS Author

Ground packages will typically show two or three hops from the origin, then depending upon overall distance, in this case cross-country almost 3000 miles, then two or three hops locally before "out for delivery". Don't worry, completely normal.

Imagine tracking your Ric 4003 that was returned for warranty service from PA to CA....alllll the way out.....allll the way back.

It was murder.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by bonscottvocals

Remember too that it's got to get through customs, so 6 days UPS ground is not surprising. It sits in the queue and waits to get across the border. I know that it's a genuine emergency, but for some reason US Customs doesn't seem to see it that way.
;)

What border?:confused:

• Members

I've shipped items before and checked the tracking with UPS online. I've seen it show being in transit when I had the package in my hands for a day. That info is not always up to date. I wouldn't sweat it! Check again if you haven't seen it yet the day you are supposed to get it.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by 1039greenday

And i wouldnt want to live anywhere else:) .

BTW where in queens?

One of my wife's aunts and one cousin live around where the old movie studios used to be, in Astoria. Not a great area...her cousin was NYPD until some turd tried to carjack him off-duty, and shot him during a struggle. The bullet pretty much destroyed his right hand.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

One of my wife's aunts and one cousin live around where the old movie studios used to be, in Astoria. Not a great area...her cousin was NYPD until some turd tried to carjack him off-duty, and shot him during a struggle. The bullet pretty much destroyed his right hand.

Im sorry to hear that about your wifes cousin. Astoria isnt all that bad, atleast where ive been, best greek food in the city.If your ever over there in Aatoria, the old movie studios are a museum ( dont know if you've been there ), but it has all memoribilia from old tv shows, movies, and video games. They used to have the Seinfeld diner set. By the way, im over in Glendale:).

• Members

Haha, I saw Ontario, CA and thought Canada for some reason. Geesh, it's definitely been a long day. Then that makes even more sense, when you're waiting for ground shipping, it may make a strange pattern getting to you. There's hubs it will go through.

I'll crawl back in my hole. :D

• CMS Author

Originally posted by 1039greenday

Im sorry to hear that about your wifes cousin. Astoria isnt all that bad, atleast where ive been, best greek food in the city.If your ever over there in Aatoria, the old movie studios are a museum ( dont know if you've been there ), but it has all memoribilia from old tv shows, movies, and video games. They used to have the Seinfeld diner set. By the way, im over in Glendale:).

Yeah I knew it's a museum but really never had time to stop...whenever we were there we were always late for one family thing or the other.

Back a few years (oh {censored}, 14 actually) I worked in NYC at Martin's Volvo and used to get coffee and stuff at one of the diners they photo'd for Seinfeld scene openers...the one that George used to go to when he was on the outs with Jerry and Kramer. It was similar to Monk's in that it was a dump, and everyone would yell at you to close the door when you came in during the winter. Also saw but never stopped at the actual Soup Nazi place (in reality it's worse than on the show....it's a window on the sidewalk) which is very close to NBC's offices, and saw but also never stopped in at Monk's (Tom's) diner. That was a fun area to work in. I'll never forget going up to the rooftop parking lot to retrieve a car, and some hispanic chick in a third floor apartment shaking a huge pair of boobs at me throught the window...."Hey meeester!!!":D

Archived