Fender MIJ basses

Jonas

• Members

Im really GAS'ing for a fender. And MIJ basses are looking like a nice possibility for me. But that brings me to a question. Are Fender MIJ's any good?

I really like the looks of this bass:

P bass, red and all

So lets talk about MIJ's. There has been alot of talking about MIM's and MIA's. Its time for MIJ's. :)

• Members

Japanese Fenders are fantastic instruments, and are extremely close to their American cousins, and quite a step above the MIM Fenders. The fit and finishes are at least equal to the USA models. The tuners are of a lower quality, but hold tune perfectly.

Dollar for dollar, the Fender Japan line could well be the best bargain when looking for a high quality Fender bass. They hold their value much the same as the USA Fenders, too.

• Members

I just upgraded from a MiM to a MiJ recently. There is definitley a noticeable difference between the two. It's a difference that you can immediately hear. The look and feel upgrades are more subtle. I upgraded my MiM with a Badass 2 which made a world of difference in sound and quality, but the pickups were still lacking. I've also noticed that the MiJ stays in tune better. I'm pretty sure that this is an issue dealing with temp changes due to the fact that all of the strings would need adjustment almost daily. For some reason, the MiJ doesn't go out of tune.

• Members

Both the MIJ's I have are Squire. My bass is early 80's, my Telecaster late 90's. Both stay the way I set them up and both stay in tune until being knocked against something. i know they're Squire MIJ's not Fender MIJ's but if THEY'RE that good then I'd think Fender MIJ had damn well better kick ass. My old bass was an Early 80's MIA Fender and it's identical in feel tone, and consistency to the MIJ Squire.

• Members

if you email Ishibashi ask for Noriko. She is really helpful and will get you pics or any info you need.

MIJ=sweet necks as far as I am concerned. Also the models ending in US feature the US pickups so in many ways you are getting the best of both worlds IMHO.

THe MIJ 51 Pbass RI comes with a Duncan OPB PU anyone know if that comes in the Export model (sold in US and Canada) as well?

• Members

Does anyone have any other good websites to buy MIJ Fenders off of? I can navigate the website for the link above and view the other Fenders on that page, but am wondering if there are any other good sites to buy from.

Also, has anyone bought a bass from one of these sites? If so approximately how much is shipping? hard case or gig bag? So many questions....

• Members

Originally posted by ianick

Does anyone have any other good websites to buy MIJ Fenders off of? I can navigate the website for the link above and view the other Fenders on that page, but am wondering if there are any other good sites to buy from.

Also, has anyone bought a bass from one of these sites? If so approximately how much is shipping? hard case or gig bag? So many questions....

Ebay is a fine source...I've gotten two Strat reissues and a PBass reissue, all for less than market...That's becoming rarer however as MIJs are becoming more well known...

• Members

THE BEST SITE TO BY A BASS IS MUSICIAN'S FRIEND.COM THEY HAVE GREAT PRICE, EXCELLENT PRODUCTS AND BEST OF ALL U HAVE 45 DAYS TO PLAY IT BEFORE SENDING IT BACK FOR A FULL REFUND. THEY HAVE TONS OF FENDERS MIM, MIJ AND THE ONE I OWN...THE MIA JAZZ V AGED CHERRY! EXCELLENT BASS!

GIVE THEM A LOOK.

• Members

Originally posted by ianick

I BOUGHT MY MIA FENDER JAZZ V (AGED CHERRY) FROM MUSICIAN'S FRIEND.COM 2 YRS AGO. SHIPPING WAS FREE, HARD SHELL CASE INCLUDED, STRAP, STRAP LOCKS, AND POLISHING CLOTH ALSO INCLUDED. IT ARRIVED UPS. PERFECT CONDITION AND I HAVE LOVED IT EVER SINCE. CHECK THEM OUT...THEY R TRUST WORHTY.

• Members

Originally posted by LO_RYDER

THE BEST SITE TO BY A BASS IS MUSICIAN'S FRIEND.COM THEY HAVE GREAT PRICE, EXCELLENT PRODUCTS AND BEST OF ALL U HAVE 45 DAYS TO PLAY IT BEFORE SENDING IT BACK FOR A FULL REFUND. THEY HAVE TONS OF FENDERS MIM, MIJ AND THE ONE I OWN...THE MIA JAZZ V AGED CHERRY! EXCELLENT BASS!

GIVE THEM A LOOK.

WAY TOO BAD THEY DON

Archived