I've flipped! I can now see why expensive basses are worth it!

Waabs

• Members

I totally get it since I got my Warwick Thumb 4. I play the Warwick and then play other basses and the difference is like night and day. The basic tone, the eveness, the strength and quality of the tone on the E string.

I used to not think all that much of expensive high end basses. I have now seen the light.

Of course I still acknowledge the job can still get done just as well on a cheaper instrument. As well the fact that expensive and good don't always go together.

• Members

Yeah I'm a changed man. My friends are all finding it very funny. They all seem to know that it was only a matter of time before it dawned on me.

Mate I got the Thumb second hand. Check out the Trading Post online and you'll get a rough idea of what I paid. Not all that expensive.

• Members

Bolt on.

Did I tell you I was going to get the GB NeoX212? I cancelled the order because it was going to take way too long - first they told me 8 weeks then 9 weeks later they told me 8 weeks. If you want a GBE1200 they can proably still get one for 8 weeks time.

• Members

Did you place an order direct with Music Link?

I got told "3 months" about 3 months ago :(

I have a shop making regular (?) enquiries on my behalf, but i suspect thats not as good as actually placing an order.

My trouble is that i'm a tight-*rse. I figure that if I get too insistent/impatient with the retailer it will be more difficult to negotiate a cash discount when it arrives.

• Members

Originally posted by MacGarnicle

If what you say is true, I better stay away from expensive basses until I can afford one
:p

A word of advice from experience: make sure you don't buy 2-5 basses that cost $300-$500 next, try to save about $1500 and buy a really nice bass used. In the end, it will cost the same and you won't have tons of cheap basses to unload!

• Members

Originally posted by MacGarnicle

Did you place an order direct with Music Link?

I got told "3 months" about 3 months ago
:(

I have a shop making regular (?) enquiries on my behalf, but i suspect thats not as good as actually placing an order.

Yeah directly with Music Link. From what I was told and from what I understand how long it takes depends on what their current demand is. Because it's a pretty small line they don't keep large amounts of stock and they don't have it coming in regularly. That's just what I took away from what I was told.

Unfortunately they only told me this after the initial 8 weeks they'd informed me about.

• Members

Originally posted by shelbass

Nice work man!!

That Warwick will look nice on your chiseled frame.

Thanks! But are you coming on to me?

When I got my Sterling I was aghast in the difference in quality, tone and playablity between that and the cheaper axes I had been playing.

The weird thing is that I've played plenty of exy basses before. I don't know why but it just never registered.

• Members

That depends.

If you are offended, then I'm only joking.

If you are flattered, let me buy you a beer or 10

;)

Sorry, Mr. Shelbass, but I don't go in for these backdoor shenanigans. Sure, I'm flattered, maybe even a little curious,

but the answer is no. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Waabs

Sorry, Mr. Shelbass, but I don't go in for these backdoor shenanigans. Sure, I'm flattered, maybe even a little curious,

but the answer is no.
:D

Ummm, I thought shelbass was a girl. ;)

[edit]Turns out I was wrong on the whole shelbass is a girl thing *hides head in shame*

OOPS! Sorry shelbass!!![/edit]

• Members

Originally posted by WillPlay4food

Ummm, shelbass is a girl.
;)

Am I now??!!!!

*checks pants for enormous package*

yep, still manly.

I know my screen name is confusing...SHE L BASS.

I'm trying to be all Alice Cooper, Maralyn Manson - ish.

:)

• Members

Am I now??!!!!

*checks pants for enormous package*

yep, still manly.

I know my screen name is confusing...SHE L BASS.

I'm trying to be all Alice Cooper, Maralyn Manson - ish.

:)

Dammit! You mean... all this time I thought... *hides head in shame*

Sorry man!! ;)

• Members

Originally posted by WillPlay4food

Dammit! You mean... all this time I thought... *hides head in shame*

Sorry man!!
;)

Never mind.

Could have been worse. You could have tried to have cyber sex with me or something.

• Members

i bought a musicman stingray and have played it every day since ive owned it, cept for when my brother was over, but the reason i kept it at a friends house is so that asshole wouldn't screw it up again, he broke the case's lock trying to get into it, and got paint on the headstock. the paint came off thank god but it really pissed me off, and hes 28!!!!!

Archived