holy crap!!! i just had the craziest passing thunderstorm wreck my backyard!!

bikehorn

• Members
Originally posted by Bonoman

I got home just in time, and it only lasted a few minutes where I live so I guess I got lucky.

Judging from your backyard I'm going to guess you're just East of Bayview on the north side of 16th, kinda close to the 1-2-3 Market. Am I right?

nah, i'm pretty west of bayview. just up the road from wonderland, close to highway 27.

Originally posted by Thrash Jazz

We could have used some of that rain... it mighta actually broken this heat wave.
:mad:

haha, you would think so, but if was only cool for about 15 minutes after the rain. then it resumed being 32 Celsius, only with like...85% humidity.

• Members

Originally posted by bikehorn

nah, i'm pretty west of bayview. just up the road from wonderland, close to highway 27.

haha, you would think so, but if was only cool for about 15 minutes after the rain. then it resumed being 32 Celsius, only with like...85% humidity.

Man, you're way out there, aren't you? How long does it take you to get into the city everyday? How much do you spend on gas? My buddy just moved up to Thornhill and he's hating the commute, and I have one friend at Major Mac and Leslie who has to telecommute because he was wasting so much money and time on travel. How do you do it?

• Members
Originally posted by bikehorn

so there i was, idly surfing around HC and i looked out the window. rain. i hate rain. i ignored it.

so a few minutes later there's this hugeass bolt of lightning and the thunder sounded like a cannon firing...firing in my driveway!!! my computer screen also showed some static at that moment. i don't think the lightning bolt could have been more than a kilometer or two away.

then i look outside some more and the rain is SERIOUSLY intense. like, you'd think there was massive fog rolling in except it was just RAIN. i realised my dad had left the windows of his car open to keep it from getting too hot, but i don't think he counted on this...so i ran out to close them and i gotta say - i've never walked around in the rain and been able to say that the rain hurt...but it did! well once i close that up and ran back in, dried off and changed, i went and shut off all electronic crap, and i got halfway through before ther power went out. and my smoke detectors and stuff all started making funny beeping noises. not as if they had detected smoke or carbon monoxide...just weird random beeps.

we were all looking out the front door, and not the back. so later, when my mom opened the back door after the rain stopped, she found this:

IMGP0284a.jpg

yes, we keep one of those kiddy shacks around for when my neices come over. don't ask.

yea in northern ontario we had that storm "stop on by" on the weekend... i was awakend from a nice deep sleep my thunder and my cat running across the apt... sorta freaky ~LAF~.... ilmuminated my whole room
not much damnage really... but the power went out in a few places

Archived