Peavey Firebass 700 and Peavey 4x12 cab: market value? (not spam)

thriftyshirt

• Members

Hey yall,

I'm a regular in the guitar/amp forums, but i fool around on bass sometimes. Since I'm not a serious bass player, i don't have a serious rig: Behringer BX3000T head into no-name ported 1x15 cab.

However, I had a guy offer to sell me his bass rig because he's moving out of town and he can't take it. His rig is a Peavey Firebass 700 head and a Peavey 4x12 ported/horn cabinet.

He offered to sell them both to me for $200. :D

I've been able to find some info on the Firebass, and it seems like a nice mid-level bass head that is worth about $300(?) used.

However, I'm not sure about the bass cabinet. I'm at work right now and didn't right down any of the info, so maybe one of you guys can help me identify it and figure out what its worth.

Its a 4x12 cabinet, newer make, carpet covered, no casters, black metal grill, paper cone speakers, has the white peavey logo on the front and the Peavey triangle logo at the bottom.

I haven't decided if i want to keep it or sell it. It would be nice to have a full sized rig around, but if its worth a lot of money, I'd rather sell it and get some more guitar crap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

That cabinet is super bad ass and super heavy. So, if you don't mind schlepping it around that rig will be loud as {censored} and sound pretty f'n good. Don't expect much of a dirty tone with it but it does clean and deep real well.

• Members

Originally posted by lug

JUMP ON THIS DEAL!!!!

Well I already told him that I was going to buy it. And I borrowed it about a week ago, so its at my house, so I'm not worried about him selling it to anyone else.

This thread just to find out what its worth. I know I'm getting a killer deal, I just want to know how killer.

• Members

Originally posted by zachoff

That cabinet is super bad ass and super heavy. So, if you don't mind schlepping it around that rig will be loud as {censored} and sound pretty f'n good. Don't expect much of a dirty tone with it but it does clean and deep real well.

Do you know the model number? Or how much its worth used?

I do love the sound of the rig, but its a hell of a lot more weight and space than I want to lug around all the time.

• Members

Originally posted by thriftyshirt

Do you know the model number? Or how much its worth used?

I do love the sound of the rig, but its a hell of a lot more weight and space than I want to lug around all the time.

It's the 412 TVX. You don't see too many used ones, so I'm not sure. I'd guess $300 or so though.

• Members

That looks exactly like it, but with carpet covering and no casters.

Then it would most likely be a 4X12 TXF. I have a 4X10 TXF (F is for felt, I think) which is the precurser to the TVX line. The difference in mine and the TVX is the type of covering and the protection circuit for the horn. The speakers and crossover are the same in both.

• Members

What does that do? Just highs?

So if i turn it to zero it will have less highs, and 10 will be more?

Sorry for the ignorance, I'm not really a bass player.

Yes, essentially.

Zero will be no highs above the crossover (typically about 2k, more or less); ten will be "regular." Tweeters are cut-only in dB (often written near the tweeter control, but sometimes not at all), usually zero is "minus infitine dB," whereas ten is "minus 0 dB."

• Members

I've got an Orange halfstack that's heavy as hell, I just slap everything on a furniture dolly when i move it around.

Its like removable casters.
:D

skateboards work amazingly well as casters...:D

• Members

Originally posted by PrestiaRules

I'll give you $300 FOR IT ...how is that? $100 profit no hassle

$300 for the head and cab?

No hassle?

It would probably be close to $150 or more to ship the cab in the CONUS, not to mention the hassle of finding a way to pack it.

I have gotten an offer for the head only that i am considering, because that can be shipped realistically, but I'm not sending the cab anywhere but local.

(That is unless i decide to keep it)

Archived