Band Pics

Thunderbroom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Clyde

Emil "Corvair" Metzger - Sound Engineer ??

Where does he stand onstage?

He doesn't, but you knew that when you asked the question.
:p

He's as important as any of the other seven in the band...and if you've ever played live you know this to be true. He's a helluva guy and is an equal member of the band. He attends every rehearsal and runs our sound. He knows how we're supposed to sound probably better than we do. I don't think most bands have a dedicated sound guy; we're fortunate to have him.
:)

• Members
Originally posted by Thunderbroom

He doesn't, but you knew that when you asked the question.

:p

He's as important as any of the other seven in the band...and if you've ever played live you know this to be true. He's a helluva guy and is an equal member of the band. He attends every rehearsal and runs our sound. He knows how we're supposed to sound probably better than we do. I don't think most bands have a dedicated sound guy; we're fortunate to have him.

Totally legit as a member of the band, imho. Rollins band had a dedicated sound guy for awhile, they even put him in their videos and stuff. Theo van Rock. :)

• Members

Wow, maybe the sound guy should be in front and the rest of you in the back!

Seriously, put the two girls up front, and guys in the back, image still counts. They are more fun to look at.

Then, change the band name to 5 JACKS and 2 JILLS! (just kidding!)

For my tastes, that's too many people in a pic. Maybe even a big pic of the girls and smaller pics of the guys surrounding them. Forget equality and balance, bands know nothing of these concepts. People will always look at the singer before the bassplayer!!

All the reasoning for the engineer to be in the pic is sweet, but he is not in the band. He is part of the behind the scenes "magic" that happens at shows!! If not, then why not put the roadies, lighting guy, promoter, and the waitresses in the pic too? They are important to a successful show as well. It really makes no sense whatsoever, especially since you already have seven friggin' band members!!

Unless it is all just for fun and nothing else, then, whatever floats your boat!

• Members
Originally posted by Rob Martinez

Unless it is all just for fun and nothing else, then, whatever floats your boat!

It is for fun, we're a freakin' cover band. Are there cover bands out there with stars in their eyes?!? Neither of mine do.

The average age in the band is mid 30's. We all have jobs, lives and families.

And...if we had roadies, lighting techs and a promoter, we'd probably put them in the pic too.

It's all about having fun and playing music.

• Members

mate, they all look very suburban.
Try to go somewhere else for photos.
ANYWHERE else.

Maybe put the frontpeople up front.. and the band a loooong way back.
The girls look good and should be the selling point.
You guys are fugly and should be as out of foucs as possible.:rolleyes:

• Members

If the goal is to look like a generic cover band- very safe tame and clean cut then

Mission Accomplished!!!

Sorry to say it- I feel bad about saying it-

I say just use pictures of the lead singer to promote the band-

"Insert her name here and the Yard Fulla Cars"

That is funny- I really liked the band name, because I thought it was poking fun a bit at country music- You guys could also dress a little more red-neckish to play up the band name a bit more

• Members

seriously a lot has to do with setting.

This works better
street_banner2.jpg

Than this
slideshow_4.jpg

Why? Even though both are kind of an alley shot the first one is not a suburban clean alley. The Yard fulla cars shot looks like you all just went out back after playing a graduation party or Bar-mizvah. The downtown shot has some cool simple shapes. Dark and light playing well with one another and it looks like the band doesn't really belong there. Their being in a place of nothingness really draws focus to the people.

I think a shot in front of a wall of crushed cars wold be ultimate cool. Also something other than smiley still poses would add something to the shot.

BTW... Noon/afternoon clear day sun is the worst time to do a shoot. better off with a cloudy-bright day if you can do it.
My guess is it was about 2 in the afternoon. If yoiu can get the nice warm light of just before dusk the fleshtones will ring out beautifully.

Archived