Holiday Music - Your Favorite Vocal Performance(s)/Album(s)

flemtone

• Members

My family loves Christmas carols. We sing them driving around or hum them walking thru the house (moreso when the kids were small - now that they're grown, things are a bit quieter...)

From a singer's standpoint, what's your favorite Holiday album (if you're into it at all)?

For us, The Roches put out a Christmas album back in 1994, called 'We Three Kings'. It has the most stellar vocal tracks from the three Roche sisters, with harmonies to die for. Many traditional carols and a few absolutely beautiful originals - one titled 'Star of Wonder' brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it, it's such a beautiful acapella piece written by Terre Roche. Since it came out, it's been tradition in our family to play this album when we're driving to get our Christmas tree - not beforehand. That drive and this particular album are the official start to our family's Christmas Season.

http://www.roches.com/discography/wethreekings.html

(Of course, after that's over (all of us singing all the songs as best we can), then comes 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' by the Vince Guaraldi Trio, but that's not really a vocal album, so not germaine to the concept of this thread)

Howzabout you? Any favorites?

• Members

Oh thank you, thank you, Flemtone, for posting this! My favorite?

THIS:

dylan_xmas.jpg

Okay, well that's not the real album cover, but you get the point. Bob's new Christmas album is the smash of the year! :cool: Here's a choice video:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Ho, Ho, Ho or Oy Vey? :idk: We report, you decide.

Archived