The Official HCBF Fantasy Football Smack Talking Thread

burdizzos

• Members
Originally posted by MrJoshua

I don't know what the heck is going on this year. Normally I come out of the gates smoking.

I have had the opposite problem the last two years. I started slowly and finished with a bang each year. While I'm looking good thus far, it can change pretty quickly and usually does.

Having said that, I'm still going to kick everyone's asses.
:)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Thunderbroom

I have had the opposite problem the last two years. I started slowly and finished with a bang each year. While I'm looking good thus far, it can change pretty quickly and usually does.

Having said that, I'm still going to kick everyone's asses.

I thought I had a pretty decent draft, but this sucks. My WR corps is in shambles after Javon Walker went out for the season, and my #1 pick isn't doing much at all. :(

• Members

I thought I had a pretty decent draft, but this sucks. My WR corps is in shambles after Javon Walker went out for the season, and my #1 pick isn't doing much at all.
:(

There a lot of luck that goes into this thing as well.

This week my opponent, The Jack Butlers, would have likely beaten every other team in the league had he played them. Unfortunately for him, he had to play me. Fortunately for me, the Chicago Defense scored 33 points (like I knew this was likely when I chose them) and saved my butt.

You've heard it before, I'll say it again:

Any Given Sunday.

• Members
Originally posted by KeroseneTrewthe

Juggie and I have a close one this week!

Decided tonight!

My game is still being decided right now.

Saints Offense (McAllister, Brooks) vs. the Giants Defense. There's an eight-point differential, so a TD will sway it my way.

Brooks has 350 yards plus on the day, but only one TD, but with 2 INT's and 4 sacks. :(

• Members
Originally posted by illidian

My game is still being decided right now.

Saints Offense (McAllister, Brooks) vs. the Giants Defense. There's an eight-point differential, so a TD will sway it my way.

Brooks has 350 yards plus on the day, but only one TD, but with 2 INT's and 4 sacks.
:(

Brooks threw for an INT with 21 seconds left.

:( Tough loss.

My other players didn't produce as well. Gonzalez again didn't do anything (four points this week), and McGahee run for 34 yards.

• Members
Originally posted by burdizzos

And I'm in last spot for the first time ever.

!
:cool:

I'm right there with you man. :) How could I have predicted ONE point out of Reggie Wayne?!? And I left Santana Moss and Carnell Williams on the bench for a combined 45 points. It's like I'm living in FF Bizarro World here...

• Members

I thought I had a strong team. Five points in two games for Reggie Wayne? :confused: I just don't get it.

Ahman Green should have a great year now that there's no Javon Walker to stretch the field and keep the defense honest, too. :( Oh, well. That's why I don't play in pay leagues. ;)

• Members

Once again I start the wrong defense. This has occured every week!

Bengals have 5 INT's, 7 PA. Colts have 4 Sacks, 6 PA.
:mad:

Yeah, I looked at the bench scores and thought "woah, thank goodness he didn't start the Bengals!" :)

I think I've finally started to figure out my running back situation, at least. Green on the bench (9 points) to make room for Cadillac, who dropped 150 yards on the Packers. Didn't find the end zone today, but still. What a rookie. :D

• Members

Yeah, I looked at the bench scores and thought "woah, thank goodness he didn't start the Bengals!"

I think I've finally started to figure out my running back situation, at least. Green on the bench (9 points) to make room for Cadillac, who dropped 150 yards on the Packers. Didn't find the end zone today, but still. What a rookie.
:D

Yea, i thought that the Colts would have raped the Browns. And last week the Bears looked solid on offense. Both did well, but the Bengals just did much better.

I don't have StatTracker, but I know the Saints did not do well. Deuce got at least twelve points, though (top of my head) with a TD. McGahee rushed for 140 yards and a TD, and maybe some recieving yards as well? Neither Engram or Boldin (WRs) found the endzone, but they both got solid yardage. Hopefully Gonzalez and Tynes can make for another exciting week of Monday Night Football! So far, Gonzo has scored eight points for me... :mad:

What's the score of our game?

• Members

I feel pretty good about this, but then again, stranger things have happened. :eek: Two long field goals and a couple of extra points and my ten-point advantage is eaten up by his kicker. Then it's Jake Plummer vs Tony Gonzalez, and Jake hasn't exactly been lighting up the fantasy scoreboard this year...

• Members

Yea, i thought that the Colts would have raped the Browns. And last week the Bears looked solid on offense. Both did well, but the Bengals just did much better.

I don't have StatTracker, but I know the Saints did not do well. Deuce got at least twelve points, though (top of my head) with a TD. McGahee rushed for 140 yards and a TD, and maybe some recieving yards as well? Neither Engram or Boldin (WRs) found the endzone, but they both got solid yardage. Hopefully Gonzalez and Tynes can make for another exciting week of Monday Night Football! So far, Gonzo has scored eight points for me...
:mad:

What's the score of our game?

We both got great running back production - 33 points for you, 35 for me. And both of our wide receivers suck. :D

Archived