Hey Ox,... Lemmy ?

ZigmundFloyd

• Members

Originally posted by Sixgun77

I just realized Ampeg makes absolutely NOTHING I'd play through other than the SVT tube reissure or maybe the preamp that's the pre out of said SVT. Maybe they make a decent 4-12 but the only ampeg cabs the stores carry around here are ones with 10's in them. Are ampeg's 15's any good? I haven't heard 15's yet that can beat the 90's Trace Elliotts.

Yup, our local guitar center blows, don't it?

• Members
Originally posted by Reverend179

To answer the original question, it came from the VH1 "Classic Albums" for Ace of Spades. They had him set up with an Ampeg SVT and 8x10 and his Marshall on his other side.

Ahhh, well thank you very much Reverend. The thread got a little {censored}ty there for a while :) but I now have an answer.

Was I close on Lemmys quote?

• Members
Originally posted by The Ox

Yup, our local guitar center blows, don't it?

Yep, but now that I'm driving I'll never buy anything there again. Bill's Music House actually has things that are useful to musicians other than guitarists and don't take forever to mail order everything. The only reason I've shopped there was because I could get a ride there.

• Members

Originally posted by Sixgun77

Yep, but now that I'm driving I'll never buy anything there again. Bill's Music House actually has things that are useful to musicians other than guitarists and don't take forever to mail order everything. The only reason I've shopped there was because I could get a ride there.

I'm actually going there in a few minutes with my guitarist... he's going to try out some 50-watt marshall plexi heads. I'm going to see what they have there, as the last time I was there, I wasn't playing bass at the time.

Archived