::What to do with 30+ sets of used DR strings?::

lowbasslowbass

• Members

Originally posted by lowbasslowbass

I used DR roundwound strings for a long period of time. Now I only use Thomastiks.

I have more than 30 sets of DR nickel roundwound strings sitting in a box.

It just doesn't feel right to me to just throw them away.

Any ideas on what to do with them?

:)

Weave them together into a big whip and beat somebody's ass with it.

Or make an uncomfortable, not-warm blanket.

Why did you save them in the first place?

• Members

Originally posted by sunburstbasser

What about those of us who can't afford nice strings? Its like cheap beer, you have to keep buying more before it gets nasty sometimes!

lol

i got the same strings on that came with my ric 4 years ago.....

i had a 68 P bass for almost 10 years and never changed the strings.

if you bought 1 "good "set you wouldnt have needed the other 29!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by RIC N BACKER

lol

i got the same strings on that came with my ric 4 years ago.....

i had a 68 P bass for almost 10 years and never changed the strings.

if you bought 1 "good "set you wouldnt have needed the other 29!!!!

Yeah, but now those kids in Madagascar can have 30 sets of strings!

• Members

Originally posted by sunburstbasser

Ship 'em to Madagascar.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=746304

This is a great idea. But I want to be sure that the strings won't be sold to some poor fellow bass players. Any more information on this matter appreciated.:)

edit:

I found this:

http://www.secondstringsproject.org/

Sounds really interesting, but I don't think the project is still alive.

• Members

Send them to me (not all of them, maybe 5 or 3 packs), I never used roundwounds before and, I would like to give a try..

Bosnia is a much more hell of place then fancy Madagascar....;)

Here you cant earn money with playing Rock-n-Roll, so if you wanna play you gota do it from love for music....

I think its time for me to stop {censored}ing about that

anyway if you wanna send those here is my post adress

Nisic Dejan

Svetosavska 3

75440 Vlasenica

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Thanx, anyway

• Members

Originally posted by nishich

Bosnia is a much more hell of place then fancy Madagascar....
;)
Here you cant earn money with playing Rock-n-Roll, so if you wanna play you gota do it from love for music....

I have friends in Sarajevo. Don't tell me Bosnia is mych more hell of a place than "fancy" Madagascar!

After all, you can afford to be connected to the internet, right?

Bass players in Madagascar and other places in the third world can't even afford a telephone.

Plus, they are not looking to become rock stars. They just want to play music. They use bicycle wires to string their instruments.

• Members

Dude, I have a friend who lives in Iran who is a great bassplayer but has a SUPER hard time coming up with strings. I have been trying to get some sent to him, but with my own financial problems I have been unable.

If at some point you decide you want to get rid of a few sets for a worthy cause, I would gladly send them to him.

• Members

Originally posted by lowbasslowbass

I have friends in Sarajevo. Don't tell me Bosnia is mych more hell of a place than "fancy" Madagascar!

After all, you can afford to be connected to the internet, right?

Bass players in Madagascar and other places in the third world can't even afford a telephone.

Plus, they are not looking to become rock stars. They just want to play music. They use bicycle wires to string their instruments.

Oh... {censored} I didnt trick you, with that :rolleyes:

I alway think of Madagascar as turistic place you know hotels and stuff, anyway I would like to go there some day, but ...

Sarajevo is a capital, and those guys there have alot of money, and we "country guys", anyway I also do not have telephone home, and internet, Im doing this from my job:D

• Members

Originally posted by Dark Slide

Dude, I have a friend who lives in Iran who is a great bassplayer but has a SUPER hard time coming up with strings. I have been trying to get some sent to him, but with my own financial problems I have been unable.

If at some point you decide you want to get rid of a few sets for a worthy cause, I would gladly send them to him.

I just send you a PM.;)

• 1 year later...
  • Members

The Second Strings Project is alive and well. However, it is not at this time set up to accept anything other thanf full sets of guitar strings. I suggest that you find a school to which you can donate the bass strings if they or new. If not, I have no suggestions.

• Members

If they are unused and in original packaging and in the same configuration as off the shelf within the pkg (not taking out of individual pouches and uncurled, they have to be wrapped up just like when you first got them and before opening and removing strings). You could then take them to your fave music instrument store and see about trading them toward something else. Of course if youve taken them out of pkg and uncurled them, the stores gotta say nope, cant use for tradein. Some stores wont take strings, but some will if they are as specified, untampered with in original pkging.

Archived