Tool

btb&dr=tone

• Members

Aenima is their best work. I love that albumb.

Second place goes to Saliva. But good luck getting that one. Live 3rd eye is amazing.

3rd goes to Opiate, raw agressive

4th goes to Undertow very swampy, good stuff.

5th Lateralus. It's gotten a little less heavy my tastes. I was hopeing for Aenima 2.

Honestly you can't go wrong.

We'll see what their next albumb (comming soon) bring.

Yo.

• Members

Originally posted by sunburstbasser

Yeah, except the new album has been "coming soon" since, oh, last NOVEMBER! Isn't it now scheduled for a February release?

tool albums are notoriously "coming soon" but they are in the studio right now so it's almost for real. :p

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=20913840&

• Members

They're all good, but Aenima gets my vote for their best album, both musically and lyrically.

In my opinion, every single Tool album evolves around a main theme (although views on outside world issues return on every album). These themes are as follows:

Opiate: A view on the outside world

Undertow: Discovery and perception of the emotional {censored} inside a person

Aenima: Journey inside a person to deal with this {censored}

Lateralus: Discovery of certain ways and insights to deal with this {censored}

I didn't include Saliva as it's actually a compilation album providing nothing new. To truly understand the Tool albums lyrically, take notice of the different themes they represent. Start out with the one which theme appeals to you the most and work from there.

Just my experience with listening to Tool. Have been a fan for about twelve years and Maynard's lyrics have been a guide and inspiration on more than one occasion in my life. Don't take everything he says literally though, but listen and judge for yourself...

• Members

Originally posted by sunburstbasser

I believe the tracks on Lateralus are also arranged in a Fibonacci sequence. The lyrics to the title track are Fib in syllables as well. With a little editing and changing of track placement, the album gets way cooler and somewhat scarier.

i've seen the theory and i don't buy it.

tool has the uncanny ability to make themselves seem needlessly complex while just dicking around. take die eier von satan for example. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by ARES

i've seen the theory and i don't buy it.

tool has the uncanny ability to make themselves seem needlessly complex while just dicking around. take die eier von satan for example.
;)

The lyrical sylables for Lateralus are Fibonacci or very close.

Playing the songs in the alternate order is pretty cool too.

I never found Die Eier Von Satan that seemingly complex, actually.

• Members

Originally posted by gretschzildjian

I didn't include Saliva as it's actually a compilation album providing nothing new.

Well you must have skipped the track called "No Quarter" Zep cover, the track "You Lied" Peach cover, the live alternate version of "Pu{censored}" and the secret track "Maynard's Dick".

Plus the other "nothing new" tracks are live versions of songs that are amazing, like "3rd Eye".

Yo.

• Members

Originally posted by Apendecto

Well you must have skipped the track called "No Quarter" Zep cover, the track "You Lied" Peach cover, the live alternate version of "Pu{censored}" and the secret track "Maynard's Dick".

Plus the other "nothing new" tracks are live versions of songs that are amazing, like "3rd Eye".

Yo.

Yeah I know. And what new lyrical theme does this album provide? ;)

Archived