Ever buy a CD that wasn't functional right out of the case?

BEAD

• Members

I just bought a CD and the shiny side has a fingerprint on tracks 2 and 3. The finger had paint or something on it. Tracks 2 and 3 are no good. I have to take the CD back. This has never happened to me. Anyone else?

• Members

I've never had one that wouldn't play.

I did open "Cheap Trick's Greatest Hits" to find a small shard of CD in the box. THere wasn't enough there to see if it would play.

Sometimes the replicator is doing several runs of disks at the same time, which results in some CD's getting into the wrong batch/boxes.

And lastly, I think that some long albums exceed the specs for some older CD players, so that they won't play the last few tracks, and sometimes skip.

• Members

My first copy of the Dead Man Walking soundtrack was the wrong CD altogether! The art was right, but the disc was actually Dylan's "Blonde On Blonde". They exchanged it for me, luckily, but I had to force the dude to play it for himself because he was very into his "We don't take back open CD's for any reason" policy.

I also had a problem with my first copy of REM's "Monster", actually. It was scratched and the inside of the jewel case was broken. That one was an easier exchange to make, though.

• Members

Originally posted by thelurker

I've never had one that wouldn't play.

I did open "Cheap Trick's Greatest Hits" to find a small shard of CD in the box. THere wasn't enough there to see if it would play.

Sometimes the replicator is doing several runs of disks at the same time, which results in some CD's getting into the wrong batch/boxes.

And lastly, I think that some long albums exceed the specs for some older CD players, so that they won't play the last few tracks, and sometimes skip.

Odd. My Cheap Trick's Greatest Hits has skipped on "She's Tight" for as long as I can remember having it. I can't confirm that it's right out of the box defective, but it sure seems that way.

• Members

Originally posted by illidian

I would imagine it is. Especially if you buy it from a store that's a decent drive away.

And even moreso if your walkman is out of batteries, you don't drive, and you don't find out until the next day, and then you go back without a receipt and the dude says "Sorry, she isn't here today. Come back tomorrow."

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Archived