Band Rehearsal: Did A Good Deed (I Think)!

Thunderbroom

• Members

Earlier in the week, my rock band was exchanging emails regarding our upcoming (today) rehearsal. My drummer recently got married and his wife started playing bass about a year ago. She's never played on stage before and really enjoys playing.

So...I asked her if she'd like to sit on on some songs for our upcoming gig (11/12). She jumped at the chance.

She came to rehearsal with her husband. After a few songs into our set, I asked her to plug into my Ampeg BA-115. She played the songs that she knew and followed my lead on the ones that she didn't know. I had her rock with us just about the whole rehearsal.

It was fun watching her play.

I'm going to sit out for at least 5 songs during our gig so that she can play.

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by james on bass

Maybe you can stay on doing sound with the band after you get bumped out?
;):p

Good opportunity to give someone an easy experience at some live playing with a band. Kind of hard to get 5 song gigs. Otherwise she may have to wait years to have some live playing experience, if ever.

HAhahah, no kidding. You didn't have much more experience when you got that gig. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Rowka

HAhahah, no kidding. You didn't have much more experience when you got that gig.
:D

You're absolutely right! It's the main reason that I suggested it. There's also a side of me that wants to leave the band. This could be the start of a transition period.

I enjoy the people in the band and like playing with them, but the band is an afterthought for its members. It's not a serious as I would like it to be. Maybe I'm just maturing as a musician.

Archived