Why play bass?

txpitdog

• Members

Originally posted by hobobot009

Couldn't really find a decent picture but for me it was listening to the basslines Klaus Flouride layed down on Fresh Fruit for Rotting Corpses. Probably not many people see him as a great/good bassist but it was enough to make me want to pick up a 4 string.
:D

Actually every time I hear the Dead Kennedys, I'm impressed by the quality of the playing. It's not that they are virtuosos, just that they're all very competent and are playing songs that are very cleverly written. They are much better musicians than a lot of the miserable punk or metal bands you hear today.

• Members

Wanted to play an instrument, everybody plays the guitar, okay most... never been intrested in playing drums so i considered the bass.

Friend played the guitar, another friend had dreams of becoming a drummer, we joked about putting a band together, i was supposed to become the bassist.

I actully started considering it more seriously, after all i've always loved the bass lines, especially bass intros, theres just something about em.

I finally bought a used amp and bass really cheap and i was instantly hooked after a few days of playing.... and what do you know we actually have a band now, and another dear old friend on the second guitar. Theres nothing like good friends jamming together, dream come true :D we even got a gig only two days after we started to play togheter at a local festival :D wow, did we suck :D

yeah thats the story so far:)

Archived