SX jazz bass and case

kayak

• Members

I just purchased an SX jazz bass. I have a case that I purchased a couple of months ago in anticipation of this bass. The case is a Musicians Friend case. The SX doesn't fit into it very well, just a hair long, just a hair wide. Can anyone tell me, is the SX Jazz just a hair bigger than a Fender Jazz, or is this case just a hair too small for a jazz bass?

• Members

Originally posted by Thumper

They're just a bit longer than a standard Fender Jazz, and will not fit in a standard case.

Yep, I've found the same to be true. I have one of those cheap tolex covered cases and I have to kinda jam the SX into it.

I have one of the form fitting Rondo cases for my Geddy but I've never tried to put the SX into it. I can try it tonight and report if you're interested.

• Members

Yes, please report back. I've been trying to force my hand to click on the buy it now link over at Rondo, and even though it's only like 100.00 to 120.00 bucks, I just keep puttin it off. I have an old fender Jazz case too, but I didn't know these basses were a little longer......:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by kayak

I just purchased an SX jazz bass. I have a case that I purchased a couple of months ago in anticipation of this bass. The case is a Musicians Friend case. The SX doesn't fit into it very well, just a hair long, just a hair wide. Can anyone tell me, is the SX Jazz just a hair bigger than a Fender Jazz, or is this case just a hair too small for a jazz bass?

I found the body of my SX Jazz is a little too wide for the MF bass case. It fits fine in a plastic Fender case.

Archived