Bayou Cables

Phantasm

• Members

I bought some cables from Butch at Bayou Cables yesterday. They're nice and "dont' even think about stealing me because this is not your cable" red.

Butch is also a bass player, and he had lots of really neat gear! He's got plenty of basses that he's modded the electronics in that sound great!

I tried the cables last night and my guitar player is already eyeing them up and asking about them. I highly reccommend them to anyone looking for good cables at a reasonable price!

http://www.bayoucables.com/

• Members

I have had some cables on order from Butch for a month now and I still haven't seen them... he had the flu and missed a week of work I know, so I guess all I can do is keep waiting. I understand he's been working hard to get caught up, but man it's been a loooong time since I mailed that order :( I was hoping to get those cables within a week and a half to use them for some upcoming events.. those events are long over and I had to use inferior cable:cry:

• Members

Originally posted by Estebum

I have had some cables on order from Butch for a month now... he had the flu and missed a week of work I know, I guess I'll keep waiting. I understand he's been working hard to get caught up.

Yep, he had a stack of orders and said that he was in the process of catching up! He was making cables when I got there and he sat back down to make more as I left...

He's good people. He won't let you down!

• Members

well whadya know, i just got mine in today. I've got a couple of em hooked up and i'm jamming.. i can throw out the Sears corroded-right-angle-connectored cable thats older than I am and the Peavey cable that got shut outside my car door and driven home. Excellent cables, massive connectors! They look way more sturdy than any I've seen before. Next time I want cables, Bayou can be the only option:thu:

edit: i'm sitting here playing my g**tar with em, and the sound is definitely improved. It has more clarity and presence, or just "balls" i guess you could say. Of course, considering the shape of my old cables, that's not surprising. Can't wait until the next band practice when I can use them with the bass rig. Since I got bright yellow and orange cables, nobody will get theirs mixed up with mine anymore either.

• Members

I ordered some custom sets from Butch on the 26th of last month and just got notice yesterday that they shipped. Butch seems like a great guy (I talked to him for quite a while on the phone) and he makes all his cables by hand one at a time, which means it can take a while to get your order. I think it's worth the wait though.

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

I ordered some custom sets from Butch on the 26th of last month and just got notice yesterday that they shipped. Butch seems like a great guy (I talked to him for quite a while on the phone) and he makes all his cables by hand one at a time, which means it can take a while to get your order. I think it's worth the wait though.

I think his average turnaround is about a week, but last month he missed a full week of work with the flu and now he has major backlog.

Archived