Help name my new band

mcantafi

• Members

So I'm in another band now. It's kind of a side project, but it's tons of fun and really fresh stuff. However, we don't have a name yet. We need some objective opinions here. The band is a 3-piece and the guitarist sings. We try and mix country, punk, and metal all into one. It's pretty interesting, and fun. I guess you could liken us to Social Distortion for the most part. We punk out Folsom Prison, and do a surf version of Slayer's Seasons in the Abyss.

• Members

Hmmm. I like that name Johnny Was, and I'm not opposed to naming us after a song. I'll pass that suggestion along. Interestingly enough Another Roadside Attraction was a festival in Canada put on by the Tragically Hip a few years back. Good times, good times. Also, my current band is named after the Margaret Atwood book, The Blind Assassin. Good suggestions, but so far BOALG is in the lead. :(

• Members

Originally posted by mcantafi

Hmmm. I like that name Johnny Was, and I'm not opposed to naming us after a song. I'll pass that suggestion along. Interestingly enough Another Roadside Attraction was a festival in Canada put on by the Tragically Hip a few years back. Good times, good times. Also, my current band is named after the Margaret Atwood book, The Blind Assassin. Good suggestions, but so far BOALG is in the lead.
:(

The Hip is one of my all time favorite bands. Caught them way back around 1989 at a small club supporting their Up To Here cd..been a big fan ever since. Even here in Texas, you get dozens of Canadian flags flying during their stops.

• Members

Originally posted by bassthumpintwin

dude.... i hate to say it, but all of your options are.... not... great.
:freak:

To be entirely honest, I'm not super stoked on any of them myself, but I didn't come up with them or anything better. We're not super set on one ffrom the list. Just suggestions, thought I'd see what y'all thought.

• Members

Originally posted by rikshaw

i'd love to offer up a good suggestion but i don't have any.

to me, naming a band is the worst part of being in a band.

+1

we are having problems also...

i mean really all the great names for bands...if you think about them actually sucked before the band got popular....

pink floyd...

pantera...

metallica...(that is a lame band name, maybe the worst)

killswitch engage...

no band name is really "that" good...

the band makes the band name good.

my opinion :wave:

Archived