Which Jamiroquai Song to Learn?

bassplayer7770

• Members

I just started lessons again yesterday. I have a lot of exercises to work on to improve my fingerboard knowledge. My teacher also recommends not just learning songs by ear but transcribing them, so I'm supposed to pick three songs to work on. The first song I've chosen is "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder because I love that unison solo/riff.

Second, which Jamiroquai song should I pick from the first three CDs? There are so many great basslines...

I'm not sure about the third tune yet. Perhaps a Peter Gabriel tune...

• Members

I would dare say that Jamiroquai might be my favorite band. Sweet harmonies and killer bass lines.

I've always thought Manifest Destiny was just a killer bass line! Slinkly, smooth, original and groovy! You can't beat the in betweeness/halfsteps achieved on the fretless. (I am thinking of the right tune correct??? Starts off with the bassline?)

Plus light years and Return of the Space Cowboy were both fun to learn!

• Members

hi!

im a big jamiroquai fan!

+1

i love return of space cowboy bass line, the main idea is really simple, but the execution is changing all the time. get all the details is hard.

+1

Manifest Destiny is maybe more intelligent one but with less fills and details

another great one is Stillness in Time, the bass isnt that agressive, but if you listen closely, is really good.

---------------------------------

-1 on When You Gonna Learn and Cosmic girl: are good and fun to play, but are kind of simple compared to others.

(jeje... im learning english)

Archived