About that Offspring thing...

The Unknown

• Members

I've seen (and voted on) the Green Day vs. Offspring thread...

I was wondering if anyone else ever noticed that the "Why don't you get a job" song by Offspring had pretty much the same strure and sounded like "Hop la di hop la da" by the Beatles ?

• Members

Originally posted by The Unknown

I was wondering if anyone else ever noticed that the "Why don't you get a job" song by Offspring had pretty much the same strure and sounded like "Hop la di hop la da" by the Beatles ?

Ob la di, ob la da. It's off the White Album.

An old cover band of mine used to merge the two, and then do counter melodies of each song at the end. It was awesome.

Same thing with "Beverly Hills" and "Undone (the sweater song)" from Weezer. Kind of cool that they're stealing from themselves.

• Members

Originally posted by The Unknown

Now that you mention it, yes. I agree.

nah nah how er life goes on.

• Members

Originally posted by One Bad Monkey

Ob la di, ob la da. It's off the White Album.

An old cover band of mine used to merge the two, and then do counter melodies of each song at the end. It was awesome.

Same thing with "Beverly Hills" and "Undone (the sweater song)" from Weezer. Kind of cool that they're stealing from themselves.

Oh ok, now I get it. I have heard the Beatles song :thu:

I still think they both suck though :o

• Members

Originally posted by Archon_113

Oh ok, now I get it. I have heard the Beatles song
:thu:

I still think they both suck though
:o

Yeah...

I could have posted about the parallel I made between "Oh when the saints come marching in" and "The Number of the Beast" but...

• Members

Originally posted by Archon_113

Oh ok, now I get it. I have heard the Beatles song
:thu:

I still think they both suck though
:o

That's cool. I love the White Album, but I really don't get why people consider it the Holy Grail of the Beatles catalog. There are so many other better albums by them. Plus, this one falls under my "That would be a KILLER single album instead of an okay double" category.

Archived