Bush Has Picked A Winner!

Thunderbroom

• Members

Originally posted by lug

No no, he's from Fox. No way they published these things. I've been hearing that they are the Bush Administration's mouthpiece for years! This info in UNPOSSIBLE!

:D

They throw out a few bones they can point to so they can say, "we aren't biased! See!" ;)

• Members

Originally posted by bigby

Yeah, if a media outlet is reporting something that fits your viewpoints, it's newsworthy; if not, it's biased. But you can also sort out the "obvious" biased stations/programs that don't hide it.

Right Wing: Fox News (even though have you noticed that Fox has turned more into Access Hollywood? 90% of the stories on Fox these days seem to match with my wife's People and Us magazine articles. Actually kinda a chickie station these days.

Rush Limbaugh and 90% of news found on AM channels.

Left Wing: NPR; PBS (at times, but not across the board) and Air America with Al Frankin; and of course the big one (literally and figuratively) Mike Moore

People know what they're getting when they listen or watch those shows. If you watch FOX or a Michael Moore movie and think they are not biased but are fair in their judgements; you've been fooled. Then you have the big networks and CNN; which to me has a mixture of obviously biased typically to the left, leaning left and straightforward news. I personally don't think they are 100% left wing all the time like some want you to believe. That rumor started on shows like Rush, with obvious intentions to get you to distrust anything that goes against his deluded viewpoint. But then again, I could be wrong and besides, I try to listen and watch EVERYTHING with a filter.

Still enjoy
www.factcheck.org
does a decent job at holding both sides accountable...

Sorry, the rest of your list is fine, but Fox News does not belong on it. Fox is the only station where I can guarantee seeing an actual Dem. and Rep. leader discussing an issue. On CNN~et.al. I see a dem, then a "conservative", but not a member of congress. Just for fun, watch and see who you see on camera, then see what they say. It's usually two or three (time and faces) to one on those channels. Watch and see.

My favorite thing is during election years, you'll see the dem speak and they leave the applause on the end, but when you see the repub, it's either mid-thought or they edit the applause off. Again, watch and see.

• Members

Originally posted by 50calexplorer

Newsflash!!

Bush hires new liar!

Film at 11.

Dude, if you DON'T think that most politicians are liars of one sort or another, you need help! Same goes for reporters.

The best thing we could all do is find a way to shrink the govt. and do away with most of what it does. That's it in a nutshell, don't have time for the full rant.

• Members

Originally posted by thelurker

Dude, if you DON'T think that most politicians are liars of one sort or another, you need help! Same goes for reporters.

The best thing we could all do is find a way to shrink the govt. and do away with most of what it does. That's it in a nutshell, don't have time for the full rant.

If it was a democratic president the only thing that would have changed about my post would've been the name.

• Members

Originally posted by 50calexplorer

If it was a democratic president the only thing that would have changed about my post would've been the name.

Fair enough! :D

Don't let your cynicism get in the way of a good time, though, or they've won!

• CMS Author

Originally posted by PrestiaRules

or is it a 5:1 ratio of right vs left...

where are these left-biased networks....or newspapers ...or talk shows...etc. In particular in a 5:1 ratio.....they are like Dinosaurs and Dodo birds...I hear so much about them but have never seen hide no hair...

I saw the View yesterday and they were gobbling on about a King/King story book (the King married a prince instead of a princess...in MA - a state with legal gay marriages) and it was a 50-50 split if it was okay....absurd conservative dominated world we live in

Can you point to any of the 5 networks you listed having anything positive to say about Bush? Or Bush I? Or Reagan? As mentioned earlier, you'd never know the recession ended years ago, but you sure knew it was coming even before it arrived....they were hounding about it about a month after Bush was sworn in.

Fox isn't a great network by any stretch. Their bias isn't total (there are plenty of Bush bashers on there too) but it's certainly noisey. But they are completely outnumbered by the rest of the networks, unless there's another right-biased one you can mention.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

Can you point to any of the 5 networks you listed having anything positive to say about Bush? Or Bush I? Or Reagan? As mentioned earlier, you'd never know the recession ended years ago, but you sure knew it was coming even before it arrived....they were hounding about it about a month after Bush was sworn in.

Fox isn't a great network by any stretch. Their bias isn't total (there are plenty of Bush bashers on there too) but it's certainly noisey. But they are completely outnumbered by the rest of the networks, unless there's another right-biased one you can mention.

When do News reporting agencies EVER report good news?

I know NONE of the ones I've seen ever do, unless you count the fluff piece at the end about some autistic kid making 20 3-pointers. That's the news. Like or not we made it that way. We want to see the blood, we want the suffering, we don't want to see people succeed.

That's life.

• Members

Originally posted by thelurker

Sorry, the rest of your list is fine, but Fox News does not belong on it. Fox is the only station where I can guarantee seeing an actual Dem. and Rep. leader discussing an issue. On CNN~et.al. I see a dem, then a "conservative", but not a member of congress. Just for fun, watch and see who you see on camera, then see what they say. It's usually two or three (time and faces) to one on those channels. Watch and see.

My favorite thing is during election years, you'll see the dem speak and they leave the applause on the end, but when you see the repub, it's either mid-thought or they edit the applause off. Again, watch and see.

Well, I have to say that FOX will throw some bones to liberals at times to seem "fair" ( I like the alien Colmes; intentionally putting someone that is not easy to like in the dem seat) but it's pretty obvious that it's a conservative based station. The thing is, I see nothing wrong with that at all. Conservatives should have the right to watch programs that support their viewpoints as much as liberals on their end; I think the only problem is when people think that the information they get is "truth", and not just information spun to fit a specific viewpoint.

And like your example above, I enjoy looking for those things as well. After the last Presidential debates, I would sit around with the wife and switch back and forth between CNN and FOX. CNN spun in favor of the Democrats and FOX in favor of the Republicans.

If people are really interested in getting closer to the truth (and I think most are not interested in learning something that may contradict their current political stances); just view CNN, FOX and others as a news source, a small one at that. There are plenty of sites online where you can check actual figures and statistics and at times, find answers.

• Members

Originally posted by bigby

Well, I have to say that FOX will throw some bones to liberals at times to seem "fair" ( I like the alien Colmes; intentionally putting someone that is not easy to like in the dem seat) but it's pretty obvious that it's a conservative based station. The thing is, I see nothing wrong with that at all. Conservatives should have the right to watch programs that support their viewpoints as much as liberals on their end; I think the only problem is when people think that the information they get is "truth", and not just information spun to fit a specific viewpoint.

And like you example above, I enjoy looking for those things as well. After the last Presidential debates, I would sit around with the wife and switch back and forth between CNN and FOX. CNN spun in favor of the Democrats and FOX in favor of the Republicans.

If people are really interested in getting closer to the truth (and I think most are not interested in learning something that may contradict their current political stances); just view CNN, FOX and others as a news source, a small one at that. There are plenty of sites online where you can check actual figures and statistics and at times, find answers.

It goes back to my equation

Fox + CNN /2 = somewhere near the truth. :D Even though I think CNN is slightly liberal, I still find them much better than the big three. They still give less fluff and more stuff than NBC, ABC, or CBS.

• Members

Originally posted by lug

It goes back to my equation

Fox + CNN /2 = somewhere near the truth.
:D
Even though I think CNN is slightly liberal, I still find them much better than the big three. They still give less fluff and more stuff than NBC, ABC, or CBS.

lol...yeah, I'm right with you there.

Archived