Songs that you just knew were going to catch on (unfortunately)

Phantasm

• Members

Every now and then I hear a song and think to myself, "man, this is absoloutely horrible and everyone is going to eat it up to the point that I'm going to want to hang myself when I hear it."

Here are a few of those very songs. Perhaps you hate them as much as I do:

1) Buckcherry's "Crazy Bitch" - Oh boy... sounds like someone listened to Jet have success with a song that was straight-ahead rock and roll that talked about a Bitch. Using the word bitch means money, right? So here's one of the most annoying songs in the universe.

2) Hinder's "Get Stoned" - I firmly believe that the only reason that this song catches on is that the guy says "Get Stoned" 15,234,342 times in the song (that number is only appoximate.) That and their record company is shoving tons of money into airplay.

3)Puddle of Mudd's "She Hates Me" - My wife worked for a record store when this first came out and she brought home a promo copy. I scanned through the tracks and hit this song and immediately knew that every frat boy in the universe was going to think this was just the coolest {censored}ing song ever (like, dude!!!!) If Kurt Cobain wrote songs that sucked (and yes, I know there are many who think he already has), he'd have written this song and used it to get Courtney Love, if Courtney Love was a sorority girl.

4) (?) "Laffy Taffy" - I have no idea who did this abortion of modern music and I don't care. I just know that whoever they are, the Chick-O-Stick corporation must pay them becuase suddenly there are big plastic bins of Chick-O-Sticks by the register of every convenient store that I go into.

Ok, mini rant over.

This rant was brought to you by Sirius 20 Octane playing Get Stoned and Crazy Bitch back to back.

• Members

I object to the Buckcherry song on the simple basis that it states a well-known fact.

"Crazy Chicks: Good in Bed!"

From the pages of that groundbreaking research journal Duh! .

I'm just wondering if it's going to give some much-needed validation to all them crazy bitches out there. Cause they need something to feel good about, y'know.

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

My rock band does that one from time to time. Bar crowds just love it. So...we play it.

My cover band also does that one.

Our singer loves to have every women in the bar come up on stage and sing along with him on it in the chorus, which to be quite frank annoys the hell out of me, as I have already had one drunken *&^%# dump a beer all over my pedalboard, destroying it. It really annoys me because I think our band is good enough to not be forced to rely on gimmicks...

• Members

Originally posted by jeffery.addison

My cover band also does that one.

Our singer loves to have every women in the bar come up on stage and sing along with him on it in the chorus, which to be quite frank annoys the hell out of me, as I have already had one drunken *&^%# dump a beer all over my pedalboard, destroying it. It really annoys me because I think our band is good enough to not be forced to rely on gimmicks...

Speaking for me...

If I'm playing cover tunes in a cover band, I am a gimmick.

:D

Man, it's fun though!

:thu:

• Members

I used to despise, and I mean HATE the song "Blister in the Sun".

But now when my band plays it, we always pull some scantily clad young woman up on stage and have her sing it. Like last night. We had this sexy thing up singing it (and no, she couldn't sing at all), and I was behind her watching her shake that sexy butt of hers, kind of bumping and grinding like a stripper...So it has become my favorite song now.:D

• Members
Originally posted by Phantasm

Every now and then I hear a song and think to myself, "man, this is absoloutely horrible and everyone is going to eat it up to the point that I'm going to want to hang myself when I hear it."

Here are a few of those very songs. Perhaps you hate them as much as I do:

1) Buckcherry's "Crazy Bitch" - Oh boy... sounds like someone listened to Jet have success with a song that was straight-ahead rock and roll that talked about a Bitch. Using the word bitch means money, right? So here's one of the most annoying songs in the universe. ]

[big ass snip]

that song also bugs me with the word {censored} being used about 4000 times. My singer really wants to do it. I keep saying I haven't had time to work on it. :D Been over a month now, Maybe he will get the hint!

• Members

Originally posted by tylytle

that song also bugs me with the word {censored} being used about 4000 times. My singer really wants to do it. I keep saying I haven't had time to work on it.
Been over a month now, Maybe he will get the hint!

We've done this song with kids present but cleaned up the eff word. It still went over well.

• Members

Originally posted by rikshaw

that stupid {censored}ing humps song!

it just proves that the world is full of retards

The thing that kills me about that song is that all the people that listen to it keep saying "This song is so stupid!" and then they sing along.

The Black Eyed Peas last album had some really great cuts, why in the name of everything that's holy did they say "We have a killer album. Let's put a stupidly hooky song on it to get only average reviews."

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

Speaking for me...

If I'm playing cover tunes in a cover band, I am a gimmick.

Man, it's fun though!

:thu:

I agree with this... when I was doing the cover thing, it was all about the gimmick. That and the singer saying "tip your bartender" about 10 billion times per night.

I'm sure I'll end up doing it again eventually.

• Members

Originally posted by One Bad Monkey

The thing that kills me about that song is that all the people that listen to it keep saying "This song is so stupid!" and then they sing along.

The Black Eyed Peas last album had some really great cuts, why in the name of everything that's holy did they say "We have a killer album. Let's put a stupidly hooky song on it to get only average reviews."

You're wrong about "My Humps. It is a brilliant pop song, nad it does exactly what a good pop song should do.

Think about it. You memorized most of the song the very first time you heard it. and you never forgot it.

I wish I could write a song that recognizeable, and have it spread across the counrty that fast!

• Members

Originally posted by bassgeek

You're wrong about "My Humps. It is a brilliant pop song, nad it does exactly what a good pop song should do.

Think about it. You memorized most of the song the very first time you heard it. and you never forgot it.

I wish I could write a song that recognizeable, and have it spread across the counrty that fast!

+1

Right on the money Mark!

• Members

I think Buckcherry was as surprised as a lot of people when Crazy Bitch became so popular. I mean, it's censored all to hell if it's played on the radio, and it's crossing a level of obscenity that a lot of parents won't let their kids listen to because the vocals are so clear. Hell, the CD was released over a year ago... in Japan! Just came out here a week or two ago if I recall correctly.

As for the Hinder song... yeah, I'm sure that's the only song anyone knows, and I've got a feeling it's the only song anyone will ever know. Which sucks because that entire CD is really, really good.

• Members

Different genre, but "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey and Boys2men was on my radar as a song to avoid months before it came out.

When I heard that those two products were going to get together for a song, I knew it was gonna be a huge hit, and that I was gonna hate it!

It was, and I did!

• Members

Originally posted by King Kashue

quote:Originally posted by Ace Of Bass

I'm happy to say I don't know any of those songs.

+1

quote:Originally posted by BlackBelt

I used to despise, and I mean HATE the song "Blister in the Sun".

Violent Femmes = Good...

Ditto :thu:

Archived