Metal guys what are u listening to

Droplaw621

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by pbass_groovin

I almost forgot. How is it? [/quote

Oh its good, there sound has changed, its a lot less produced than city of god. When my brother first showed me a song off the new album I was like this is {censored}ing crazy doesn't even sound like Zao. It's pretty rad though.

I feel like running around my house when its on. :thu:

• Members

Isis, Pelican, Neurosis, Opeth, Meshuggah, SYL, Crowbar, BLS, Krisiun, Leng Tch'e, The Red Chord, High on Fire, Burst..have all been listened to in the last few days. Throw in some grind like Napalm Death or Nasum, too.

As far as non-metal, but equally badass-- Zombi, Mono, Mogwai, Don Caballero, Caspian

• Members

When I first listened to the new Zao, I wasnt impressed at all. Everything sounded pretty much the same on each song; nothing noteworthy and like previously mentioned, the production and sound quality is nothing to mail home about.

Lately, the new All That Remains has been what Ive been listening to in the metal area of things. For those who havent heard it, it is {censored}ing amazing. Phil's vocals are top-notch; easily the best in the metalcore game right now, including Howard Jones.

Because Im in a metal band, I try not to listen to only metal and be one of "those guys" (the "I only like it heavy...nothing else...I want constant double bass and screaming" guys). With that said, Ive been getting more into Pink Floyd and Rush while listening to more rap too (KRS-One, old Outkast, old Ice Cube, 2pac, etc). It may sound odd, but I happen to be a big fan of the String Quartet Tribute albums. I dig those alot =D

EDIT: I forgot to mention while I have the attention of the metal crowd. Check out this band, Chaoswave. They're from Italy and sound sorta like Lacuna Coil/Dream Theater. The drums and bass are {censored}ing ridiculous, must listen.

• Members

Originally posted by Reverend179

The Killswitch Engage DVD. Mmmm.

As much as I hate to say it, I have a hard time watching the concert part of the DVD without noticing the obvious edits throughout the show. For example, there was one part where Adam was doing pushups and a second later in the next shot was upright and headbanging. Ive also heard that parts were dubbed too :cry:...still an awesome show nevertheless.

• Members

Originally posted by XloosefusionX

As much as I hate to say it, I have a hard time watching the concert part of the DVD without noticing the obvious edits throughout the show. For example, there was one part where Adam was doing pushups and a second later in the next shot was upright and headbanging. Ive also heard that parts were dubbed too
:cry:
...still an awesome show nevertheless.

*shrugs* a lot of concert dvd's have overdubs. I've seen 'em four times and I KNOW that they can put on a show of that caliber, so I'm not that worried.

• Members

Originally posted by Reverend179

*shrugs* a lot of concert dvd's have overdubs. I've seen 'em four times and I KNOW that they can put on a show of that caliber, so I'm not that worried.

Oh dude, I have no doubt they can pull it off live, but Im weird and notice those kinds of little things :p . Its sorta the same thing with the Lamb Of God DVD. Its so ridiculously tight you sorta cant help but question things. Im seeing them this Friday with Slayer, Children Of Bodom and Mastodon so I'll be able to experience it in person...and yes, that was an in-yo-face for y'll :thu:

• Members

Oh dude, I have no doubt they can pull it off live, but Im weird and notice those kinds of little things
:p
. Its sorta the same thing with the Lamb Of God DVD. Its so ridiculously tight you sorta cant help but question things. Im seeing them this Friday with Slayer, Children Of Bodom and Mastodon so I'll be able to experience it in person...and yes, that was an in-yo-face for y'll
:thu:

Dude, been there, done that. Saw 'em with Slayer in Detroit a whiles ago. KICK. ASS. SHOW. And yes, LOG can pull it off live.

• Members

When I first listened to the new Zao, I wasnt impressed at all. Everything sounded pretty much the same on each song; nothing noteworthy and like previously mentioned, the production and sound quality is nothing to mail home about.

Lately, the new All That Remains has been what Ive been listening to in the metal area of things. For those who havent heard it, it is {censored}ing amazing. Phil's vocals are top-notch; easily the best in the metalcore game right now, including Howard Jones.

Because Im in a metal band, I try not to listen to only metal and be one of "those guys" (the "I only like it heavy...nothing else...I want constant double bass and screaming" guys). With that said, Ive been getting more into Pink Floyd and Rush while listening to more rap too (KRS-One, old Outkast, old Ice Cube, 2pac, etc). It may sound odd, but I happen to be a big fan of the String Quartet Tribute albums. I dig those alot =D

EDIT: I forgot to mention while I have the attention of the metal crowd. Check out this band,
. They're from Italy and sound sorta like Lacuna Coil/Dream Theater. The drums and bass are {censored}ing ridiculous, must listen.

Yeah the new All That Remains album is good. Just downloaded it yesterday. First couple songs are reall Killswitch though. Still awsome though.

Archived