are the GK cabs worth a damn?

Avalanchemaster

• Members

Theyre good cabs imo. I've also heard GK head played thru Eden 4x10 (Sound tribe sector 9 when played here last yr) cab for stage monitor. Mostof his sound was thru FoH but I was able to get up front in front of his cab for listen. Was also very good sound.

• Members

I used to own a couple RBH cabs, the higher line of cabs they made. Really great cabs, built about as solid as it gets. The sound was just pure GK. Clean and biting. I dug it although it might be too clean or aggressive for some people.

Dan

• Members

Originally posted by willsellout

I used to own a couple RBH cabs, the higher line of cabs they made. Really great cabs, built about as solid as it gets. The sound was just pure GK. Clean and biting. I dug it although it might be too clean or aggressive for some people.

Dan

That's the thing; I love the GK tone, but it does tend to be a little on the cold side. Eden cabs warm it up very nicely.

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

That's the thing; I love the GK tone, but it does tend to be a little on the cold side. Eden cabs warm it up very nicely.

Yup. Never been able to try the two together but everyone says it's really nice.

I like my GK head with the Aggie. Pure tone love!

Dan

Archived