Cops showed up at my gig Friday.

BEAD

• Members

We were finishing up our set around 11:00pm in beautiful downtown St. Johns. It was hot and the venue had the doors propped open, and we were playing really loud.

There wasn't a noise complaint though, the cops heard us and just wanted to check us out for a minute. With no complaint they didn't have any real reason to hassle us... one of the guys was a drummer and he wanted to see our drummer for a few minutes. When our set was over he requested we play another song... so we did.

I have a feeling this will never happen to me again. :D

• Members
Originally posted by chunkathalon

We were finishing up our set around 11:00pm in beautiful downtown St. Johns. It was hot and the venue had the doors propped open, and we were playing really loud.

There wasn't a noise complaint though, the cops heard us and just wanted to check us out for a minute. With no complaint they didn't have any real reason to hassle us... one of the guys was a drummer and he wanted to see our drummer for a few minutes. When our set was over he requested we play another song... so we did.

I have a feeling this will never happen to me again.
:D

Good thing you weren't in Albuquerque.:D
I jammed at a backyard party a couple of years ago fully amped with a drummer and distorted metal guitar. The cops showed up right at 9pm, watched us play out the song we were playing, and asked us nicely to shut'er down. I was like you; I thought for sure we were getting citations, but when the cop signaled us to keep going with the song, I relaxed a little bit.:D
The cop in our case was a singer in a rock band.
C7

• Members
Originally posted by Crescent Seven

Good thing you weren't in Albuquerque.
I jammed at a backyard party a couple of years ago fully amped with a drummer and distorted metal guitar. The cops showed up right at 9pm, watched us play out the song we were playing, and asked us nicely to shut'er down. I was like you; I thought for sure we were getting citations, but when the cop signaled us to keep going with the song, I relaxed a little bit.
The cop in our case was a singer in a rock band.

C7

Badass. People are so whiny about noise ordinance stuff. One of my neighbors called the police because another neighbor was mowing his lawn at 9 PM.

There was an all-cop band called "the police" in albuquerque that used to tour schools and play gigs..all covers of stuff. pretty funny.

• Members
Originally posted by mounds

Badass. People are so whiny about noise ordinance stuff. One of my neighbors called the police because another neighbor was mowing his lawn at 9 PM.

The only thing I get pissed about when the cops show up for a noise complaint is that my neighbors didn't have the decency to come knock on my door or pick up the phone before they call the cops. If you're not adult enough to come ask me to turn my music down if it bothers you, the cops shouldn't have to come do it for you. If I tell you to go {censored} yourself, by all means, call the cops. But 99% of the people out there aren't going to do that, yet the lazy assholes still call the cops.:mad:
C7

• Members

I played a gig years ago at a biker gang HQ in the town where I lived (our guitarist knew a guy who knew a guy who needed a band...), anyway, we were into our first set (this place was a FORTRESS - dogs, barbed wire, cameras etc), when noise control showed up. This place was surrounded by rich snobby neighbours.

Needless to say, we were told to keep playing, and the lone noise-control dude in his little hatchback got out of there REAL fast. I believe with quite a few extra dents in his car than he had before.

Sure glad I was on the INSIDE. :D

• Members

The only thing I get pissed about when the cops show up for a noise complaint is that my neighbors didn't have the decency to come knock on my door or pick up the phone before they call the cops. If you're not adult enough to come ask me to turn my music down if it bothers you, the cops shouldn't have to come do it for you. If I tell you to go {censored} yourself, by all means, call the cops. But 99% of the people out there aren't going to do that, yet the lazy assholes still call the cops.
:mad:
C7

That's how it is around here. And it's usually the next door neighbors too.

Lazy ass.

Yo.

• Members
Originally posted by Apendecto

That's how it is around here. And it's usually the next door neighbors too.

Lazy ass.

Yo.

All my neighbors have my phone number. It's just how it should be; if I see somebody lurking around your house, I'll call you AND the cops, and I hope you'll do the same for me.
Unfortunately people don't seem to care about the people that live around them anymore. It makes me want to live in a walled compound; I get tired of saying hello to people that report my license plates being expired and have the HOA send me hate mail about my dogs.:mad:
C7

• Members

All my neighbors have my phone number. It's just how it should be; if I see somebody lurking around your house, I'll call you AND the cops, and I hope you'll do the same for me.

Unfortunately people don't seem to care about the people that live around them anymore. It makes me want to live in a walled compound; I get tired of saying hello to people that report my license plates being expired and have the HOA send me hate mail about my dogs.
C7

I hate that {censored}.

Yo.

• Members

Unfortunately people don't seem to care about the people that live around them anymore. It makes me want to live in a walled compound; I get tired of saying hello to people that report my license plates being expired and have the HOA send me hate mail about my dogs.
C7

Dude, they report you for your license plate being expired?! That's completely {censored}ed! :mad: What kinda stuff does the HOA send you about your dogs? You ought to sue 'em for harassment. That's just bull{censored}. :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by chunkathalon

I have a feeling this will never happen to me again.

Damn I live about 5min. away from ST. JOHNS I f I knew you were going to be playing I would have poped in I just live down lombard a ways.

• Members

C7

omg.. that's ridiculous.. my neighbors called the code enforcement group for my area twice-- once, because we had a blown up water heater on our porch for 24 hours while we waited for the insurance company to come check it out (it had to be taken outside, it was pouring water everywhere) and a 2nd time because my sister left her car in my driveway when she went on a 3 week trip to NC to visit my dad...they didn't like the car being outside instead of the garage. I think some people just need something to bitch about and calling the cops or code enforcement or HOA or whatever just satiates that need. assholes.

and I totally agree that it's retarded people with your number would rather call the cops than calling you.. lazy assholes. GSHDFKSDHKHSG

• Members
Originally posted by RyCLB

Dude, they report you for your license plate being expired?! That's completely {censored}ed!
What kinda stuff does the HOA send you about your dogs? You ought to sue 'em for harassment. That's just bull{censored}.

The neighbor lady will call the HOA if Linus barks during the day while we're at work. He is pretty loud, but if Linus is barking, he's not just whistling Dixie; in my hood, Linus is my both of my neighbor's best defence against somebody creeping onto their patio in the middle of the night and into their back door, and if they picked the gate with the "Beware of Dog" sign on it, they'd be in for a world of hurt. Even so, Linus is so gentle, the neighbor's 3 year old comes out the front door, and Linus run up and rolls on his back for a belly rub. I don't understand my neighbors; they act like I'm a white trash crook, but we drive nicer cars than either of them, and we're the only ones out of the 3 of us that are gainfully employed. Screw them.
C7

• Members

We had a gig back in November '05(METALFEST 2.0), that had 22 bands..one would be playing outside while the other setup inside to keep nonstop music going for 9 hours..it would have been awesome. We were the 3rd band playing and during our last two songs we saw the cops standing way out in the crowd; after our set we were told that we were disturbing people that were working about 1.5 miles away..so they had to shutdown all the outisde parts of the event..we got real popular that day(we actually got compliments on this even though we played so loudly we {censored}ed up half the show) everyone was like that's {censored}ing "METAL".

• Members

The cover band I was with a few months ago was playing a gig at a bar on a friday night and during our last set a cop came in and told the owner we were too loud ,there had been complants, and we had to turn down. When he left, the bar owner told us to turn it up..lol. A few minutes later the cop came back, shut us down and fined the bar as much as he had to pay us. He didn't care I think he enjoyed it..lol.

Archived