18V Fulltone Bassdrive

Phantasm

• Members

I just got in my 18V adapter for the Fulltone and I've got to say, it definately changes the sound vs. using a battery.

I talked with Jazz Ad this past weekend and he said that he didn't notice much difference between a 9V adapter and the 18V adapter until he was playing with the band, but between the 9V battery and the 18V adapter I hear a lot of difference. The OD can be cranked up a lot higher before it really starts to break up and I like the FM and Vintage settings a lot more with the 18V. The Comp Cut can be cranked almost all the way without really distorting.

The boost is a lot cleaner, too.

If you tried the Fulltone but were turned off because it didnt' have much headroom and it distorted too much too fast, give the 18V adapter a shot!

• Members

Originally posted by bonscottvocals

I've been thinking of getting one as a clean boost. I loved my Fulltone Fulldrive 2 for... dare I say... guitar.

The boost is a lot cleaner with the 18V, so if you're not getting what you want with a battery/9V adapter give it a shot!

• Members

Originally posted by skatan

What's the point in having to turn the overdrive knob further to get the same gain?
:confused:

Because when you have a Tube amp like me, it will result in feedback and/or way to extreme distortion. And that doen't sound good at all....

Turning overdrive knob further means (for me) more control...

• Members

Originally posted by skatan

What's the point in having to turn the overdrive knob further to get the same gain?
:confused:

It gives you more room on the knob before it gets too distorted.

Ever had something that it was either "off" or "on" volumewise, and it irritated you? It's sort of the same principle, you want more degrees of distortion before getting to really distorted.

• Members

Originally posted by B-Bottom

can you just get an 18 volt adapter from Radio Shack for it? Or is it a special kind?

I bought a Dunlop adapter off of Amazon.com, I don't remember exactly what it cost but it wasn't much. You just want a regulated 18V DC power supply.

Archived