What are you GASing for?

theoriz

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by theoriz

Is this an Alembic Orion? And is it yours?
:love:

No, it is an Epic, and no it is not mine but I wish it was. I found it on ebay, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-BUBINGA-ALEMBIC-EPIC-BASS-GUITAR-EXC-COND-HSC-NR_W0QQitemZ110026124357QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I love Alembic

:love::thu::wave:

• Members

If I had the money:

Aguilar DB 750 head and 2 GS 112 1x12's. I used this setup for a gig about a year ago. I barely turned it up , and it just thundered.

Geddy Lee Jazz Bass.

MIA Precision (sunburst with maple board)

MIA Jazz (white blonde ash with maple fretboard) I used to have one like this, I think they stopped making them with this option in 2000, mine was from 1997. It was such a sweet bass, and I want another one. I had to sell mine to make rent a few years ago. :(

• Members
Originally posted by johnnybassman

MIA Jazz (white blonde ash with maple fretboard) I used to have one like this, I think they stopped making them with this option in 2000, mine was from 1997. It was such a sweet bass, and I want another one. I had to sell mine to make rent a few years ago.
:(

They made them a couple of years into the 00's. I have a Tele with that finish. They turn up on Ebay every so often. On one hand, I really wish Fender would offer a nice white(or transparent white ash) finish on their MIA J and P. But on the other hand, I really don't need to buy ANOTHER jazz. :(

• Members
Originally posted by JacieFB

They made them a couple of years into the 00's. I have a Tele with that finish. They turn up on Ebay every so often. On one hand, I really wish Fender would offer a nice white(or transparent white ash) finish on their MIA J and P. But on the other hand, I really don't need to buy ANOTHER jazz.

Really? All I know is that a Jazz bass with that combo is very hard to find. The only ones I see on ebay with the Ash/maple board combo are natural or burst finished. I still kick myself when I think about that bass. In fact, I'm going to go kick myself right now......... :(

• Members

Really? All I know is that a Jazz bass with that combo is very hard to find. The only ones I see on ebay with the Ash/maple board combo are natural or burst finished. I still kick myself when I think about that bass. In fact, I'm going to go kick myself right now.........

You're right...and you're right that they have discontinued that model.

They must not have made too many of them. I've never seen one in a store, and I've only seen a hand-full of them on ebay...and that's in the past 3 or 4 years. I've never seen one played live, either.

• Members

If I had the money:

Aguilar DB 750 head and 2 GS 112 1x12's. I used this setup for a gig about a year ago. I barely turned it up , and it just thundered.

Geddy Lee Jazz Bass.

MIA Precision (sunburst with maple board)

MIA Jazz (white blonde ash with maple fretboard) I used to have one like this, I think they stopped making them with this option in 2000, mine was from 1997. It was such a sweet bass, and I want another one. I had to sell mine to make rent a few years ago.

2 GS-112's cannot handle DB-750 @4ohms. Well they can, but it can be dangerous for 'em. I have used mine with only one @8ohms, It cannot quite handle all that power, unless you play in low volumes.

• Members

Originally posted by ToeJamFootball

what deal is this?

When I was in the market for a new Jazz bass last year, I contacted MF and Sam Ash about it...MF said they would match pricing. When I talked to the guy on the phone at Sam Ash, he said he'd beat the price that SA listed.

SA price: 999

MF price: 1049

MF said they would match but not beat the 999.

SA guy said he would beat the price...he didn't say how much.

(I ended up going with MF because I had the no-interest credit card thing going. I could have done the same thing with SA, actually, but I didn't want another credit card at the time.)

• Members
Originally posted by B-Bottom

an american fender P. I'm trying to get the best possible price for one

I'm looking forward to your purchase! :D I want the full review. I have a couple of MIA P's, but I bought them used. One of them is terrific (a '95 model) and one of them looks nice but doesn't play or sound quite as good (an '01 model). I'm curious to hear a review of a new one.

Archived