Metallica or Pantera?

zesty brick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by jannda

How about niether they both pretty mush SUCK but thats JMO.

What exactly are they mushing??? :confused: :confused:

Pantera pwns all.

And not an influence?? AoB, ya know, I swear man... I just don't know why you bother even getting out of bed on days like this. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Ace Of Bass

Ouch.

Compared to Metallica, I just don't think they've influenced nearly as many bands.

Plus, I never liked them.

It goes way beyond that when you mention the Cowboys From Hell, IMO...

When do you ever see or hear bands or artists saying "Yeah man, it was great hanging out with Metallica... those guys are cool down to earth mother{censored}ers!"

Never.

Now, throw in Dime, Rex, Vince and Phil, and you'll have story after story after story about them getting bands drunk or pulling them out on stage and being just downhome guys who knew how to {censored}ing rock better than anyone for the time they reigned supreme. Just like "Hostile" says, "we stand alone"- and that's for damn sure.

# of bands or by how much etc.. has little to do with it in the end. Yes for many years Metallica was my fave band as they were many others I'm sure. But they sealed their own fate by acting like the pompous jackass rockstars they see themselves as. For years they had the music and stats to back it up, as I believe "Black" is one of the top 5 selling albums ever... at least top 10.

The greats always go before their time... just like Dime. Jaymz, Larz and their servants are still here, doing whatever it is the hell they do nowadays. I'd trade all of them in a heartbeat for just one more month with Dime on earth to play some more shows- and I could go to one.

• Members

What the hell happend to Metallica? Sometimes I just want to shake these guys and ask them what happened to Master of Puppets. Man these guys blow now. They are going to be the Rolling Stones of the metal world. Crappy, but had hits...a loooong time ago.

Yo.

• Members

I think the way it goes is.. Metallica owned in the 80's, and sucked for the most part in the 90's. Pantera sucked in the 80's, and owned in the 90's. They're both phenomenal bands. I saw Metallica live on the st. anger tour and they nailed every song, especially rob. The bass hasn't been that strong since Cliff died. One of my worst regrets is not seeing pantera live. I did attend Dimebag's memorial though. Even Zakk was choked up in tears.. :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by rx jr.

they're two different bands doing two different things that sound different. it's not rational to say who's better as it's just personal preference at this point.

with that say, I voted for pantera
:cool:

Agreed - although I'm having a difficult time voting for either - they both have their plusses... Who's to say that if Pantera had lasted as long as Metallica, that THEY wouldn't have become as lame as Metallica has??? That being said, Metallica probably had a bigger influence on that music genre - being at the forefront of it like they were...

- georgestrings

Archived