Talk me out of relic-ing my new Fodera

RoboChrist

• Members

okay.....some on the forum know that I've gone public in banning the "bassist wearing a hat" syndrome.

Lead guitarist- guy with hip clothes in the front of the stage...with all the cool poses.

Lead singer- guy on the front of the stage with the great hair that goes home with the great looking lady.

Bassist- bad hat covering something but thinking he looks bohemian and hip.

Please guys......from one bassist to the group......ENOUGH WITH THE HATS.

Berets, fedoras, cowboy hats, ...........:mad: :mad: :mad:;)

• Members

Originally posted by s4001

I don't need no hat. I've got a completely full, thick head of hair.

yes...but please realize I said "bad hat covering something"...I never said "covering lack of hair".

I really want bassists that wear hats to come out and tell me why. It's been over thirty years I've been seeing this and I still don't know why. Nobody else on the stage does it to the degree of bassists.

I've also noticed it is usually blues and rock guys versus R&B, Jazz, fusion guys.

It has to be a statement or something.

"Tony Levin don't wear no stinking hat".

• Members

Originally posted by hasbeen

okay.....some on the forum know that I've gone public in banning the "bassist wearing a hat" syndrome.

Lead guitarist- guy with hip clothes in the front of the stage...with all the cool poses.

Lead singer- guy on the front of the stage with the great hair that goes home with the great looking lady.

Please guys......from one bassist to the group......ENOUGH WITH THE HATS.

Berets, fedoras, cowboy hats, ...........
:mad:
:mad:
:mad:;)

I wear a black baseball cap at all times, always bill-forward. If you see me in public and I'm not wearing a black baseball cap, I'm either:

-at work

-in a Halloween costume

-getting my hair cut

-trying to avoid detection (because nobody would think it was me if I wasn't wearing the hat.)

I'm like Linus with his blanket when it comes to this. I honestly don't like being in a social setting without it, it's very uncomfortable for me, and I have good hair.

You'll never catch me on stage wearing a silly beret or cowboy hat or anything, though. But I will be wearing a black baseball cap.:D

C7

• Members

Originally posted by hasbeen

Ha - I think those particular stereotypes disappeared sometime ago, circa 1989................

Archived