how much does it usually cost to rent equipment?

ryanstanley

• Members

would it be practical to rent a rig for shows?

im not worried about the gig pay being more than the rental cost-- i dont care about making a profit but i just dont want to pay something ridiculous

but it would really help a lot to actually be able to hear myself. and i cant afford to buy a whole rig right now :(

• Members
Originally posted by ryanstanley

would it be practical to rent a rig for shows?

im not worried about the gig pay being more than the rental cost-- i dont care about making a profit but i just dont want to pay something ridiculous

but it would really help a lot to actually be able to hear myself. and i cant afford to buy a whole rig right now
:(

Theres a place here in Ocala called Sound Exchange that has decent equipment rental prices. Doesn't Band Central Station where you are at have a rental program? You may want to compare the two

• Members

Originally posted by DevilRaysFan

Theres a place here in Ocala called Sound Exchange that has decent equipment rental prices. Doesn't Band Central Station where you are at have a rental program? You may want to compare the two

band central station has {censored}ty amps, and theyre closing soon anyway... they wouldnt really work. and i think theyre more for long-term renting, like renting saxophones to kids for the high school band, and stuff like that

i'll have to check out that Sound Exchange place

do you know of any kind of ballpark figure to what it would cost to rent an ampeg 810 and svt head for a night?

$25? 50? 100? 400? do you think youd need a deposit?

i havent got a clue about this stuff

• Members

do you know of any kind of ballpark figure to what it would cost to rent an ampeg 810 and svt head for a night?

$25? 50? 100? 400? do you think youd need a deposit?

i havent got a clue about this stuff

For a bass rig, its gonna be $20-30 per rental, and you need a credit card. However, as you become a regular costomer, they have a program called "pro-rating" where - for about twice that ($40-50 in this case), you can rent for the month. I have plenty of bass gear so I am only taking an educated guess at the prices, but I have done PA rentals in the past on days I have multiple gigs, and have had a set of monitors pro-rated for about six months until recently ( two monitors pro-rated were about 20 bucks per month).

edit: I believe they only rent Yorkville and Behringer bass gear

• Members
Originally posted by justinbass

I would be suprised to find anywhere renting an ampeg 810 and svt head

really? that's silly

seems like it'd be pretty high in demand

with a deposit it wouldnt even really be much of a risk. but it'd be a pretty big deposit i guess :freak:

• Members

seems like it'd be pretty high in demand

Thats why they don't rent it: there are a LOT of dishonest people that try to make off with gear purchased as a $20 rental....In the store's eyes, if they can't track it down, its better to lose a Behringer than an Ampeg

• Members
Originally posted by DevilRaysFan

Thats why they don't rent it: there are a LOT of dishonest people that try to make off with gear purchased as a $20 rental....In the store's eyes, if they can't track it down, its better to lose a Behringer than an Ampeg

well, if you require credit, then it shouldnt be hard to track them down :confused:

but it's still understandable i guess, im sure nobody wants to deal with that kind of hassle

• Members

I'd really be suprised if there is a large demand for 810 and SVT rentals anywhere, let alone Ocala or Gainsville. And even if everything went perfectly, the rig is no longer new and would have to be sold as used. It would take the store FOREVER to recoup the cost of the rig at $20 a pop.

• Members

Originally posted by Rowka

I'd really be suprised if there is a large demand for 810 and SVT rentals anywhere, let alone Ocala or Gainsville. And even if everything went perfectly, the rig is no longer new and would have to be sold as used. It would take the store FOREVER to recoup the cost of the rig at $20 a pop.

+1...Yup.....exactly

Archived