Need help picking a flanger / phaser.

Rootdogg

• Members

Hey guys! Does anyone have a particular flanger / phaser that they speak highly of? I would like to find something that doesn't sap my bottom when I switch it on, runs quiet when bypassed. I would like to keep it under $200. I have been looking at the following pedals:

MXR M117 Flanger

Boss BF-3

EHX Flanger Hoax

EHX Electric Mistress

Morley PFL Pro (I love the look of that thing)

HBE Psilocybe

EHX Sereo Polyphase

EHX Small Stone

Subdecay Quasar

Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser (a little pricey)

Any other suggestions are welcome if any of you guys have a fave boutique pedal, or anything else I have not listed.

• Members

Nice nice. That looks like a fun little unit. The price is right for sure. I am looking to get away form multi effect units and go to individual stompboxes. The BP200 I have can flange, but not as well as something dedicated to the purpose. The only reason I keep that around is for the Whammy.

• Members

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think I am going to go with the MXR Flanger.

Now, the problem is

throw the coin for the vintage

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170072253361&rd=1&rd=1

or get the Dunlop re-issue

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290071909851&rd=1&rd=1

They both get really good reviews. The guys who have the older one say the tone, materials, and construction is superior. The newer models are supposedly quieter, have true bypass, and an LED. Eh, I'm leaning toward saving a few bucks and getting a reissue.

• Members

The MXR is a great sounding flanger. THe EHX polyphase that you mention is cool. I used to have an original one, but I haven't seen the reissue. If it sounds like the one I had, it's worth it. It would compliment the MXR well. My favorite flanger sounds generally come from analog, or analog modelling pieces. Even though I use a Whammy II for its detune effect, and a TC Electronic Flanger/chorus/PM which I got on a very good deal and it more than makes use of its space. It's pretty cold sounding though. But its worked in what I've done as of late. The Boss FL-2 is a nice cheap pedal. It will take you far. That said, the boss PH-1r is a good small phaser. It's getting pretty expensive for one though. I'd recommend the Ibanez PM7 Phase Modulator on the cheap.... Tons of cool good sounds.

Archived