It's not your bass...

Hotblack

• Members

Mini Review:

First off, the guys at Bass Northwest did a nice job of setting this up and everyone there was very helpful through the purchase and shipping process. I even think the strings on it are new. :eek:

The G&L is a tonal chameleon. I cannot believe the range of sounds that this is capable of. It's insane. The maple fingerboard and electronic give me "clear as a bell" notes. I've got other basses that provide the appropriate mud that I need for certain songs, but this thing is clear as day. The B string is very nice.

I'm probably going to try it out at a little jam next week so I'll get a good idea of what it sounds like with a full group. While it won't replace any of my other basses, it is a fabulous addition. For any of you out there who are on a tight budget, this is an excellent Excellent option. Though it is a matter of taste, I definitely prefer it over the Musicman Stingray, which is an excellent bass in its own rights. However for almost half the price (new), this was the right move for me.

Archived