So I played a Markbass...finally!

guitargod0dmw

• Members

I went to GC and they had a bunch of Markbass stuff lying around, and my eyes lit up! I plugged a Bongo into the TA501 connected to one of their 4X10s. Even my girlfriend was impressed...and she doesn't know anything about this stuff. Just for the heck of it I plugged into the Mini Mark and that thing was awesome too! This stuff is soooo lightweight. And for only $600...the Mini Mark is a great deal. 500 watts @ 4 ohms. I'm quite excited to try out the new F1 that was just released at NAMM...and I want to try one of the LMK heads.

Right now I'm on the road for work, so I hunted down the local GC in Tampa, and took me a trip there. They have the 2X10 combo...so I plugged right in. Again...totally blown away.

My new rig is going to be one of these (F1, LMK, or TA501)...plus a Bongo & one of their 4X10s.

Does anybody know when the F1 is actaully going to be available? It's so tiny...I really want to try one out!

Long story short...very impressive stuff. Try one out if you can.

• Members

I went to GC and they had a bunch of Markbass stuff lying around, and my eyes lit up! I plugged a Bongo into the TA501 connected to one of their 4X10s. Even my girlfriend was impressed...and she doesn't know anything about this stuff. Just for the heck of it I plugged into the Mini Mark and that thing was awesome too! This stuff is soooo lightweight. And for only $600...the Mini Mark is a great deal. 500 watts @ 4 ohms. I'm quite excited to try out the new F1 that was just released at NAMM...and I want to try one of the LMK heads.

Right now I'm on the road for work, so I hunted down the local GC in Tampa, and took me a trip there. They have the 2X10 combo...so I plugged right in. Again...totally blown away.

My new rig is going to be one of these (F1, LMK, or TA501)...plus a Bongo & one of their 4X10s.

Does anybody know when the F1 is actaully going to be available? It's so tiny...I really want to try one out!

After all the great reviews the MarkBass stuff gets here, I really need to head over to GC to check 'em out. Then again, it'd probably give me uncontrollable

GAS, so I'd be tempted to leave my credit card at home... :D

• Members

They had a bunch of it at my local GC as well, but I didn't get a chance to check it out. A couple of punk kids walked by and were laughing at it. One of them said "huh, Markbass, wtf? huhuhuh."

• Members

After trying out a bunch of Markbass gear at BPLive in NYC, I had to hit GC in the village. Picked up the LittleMark head and the 151HF cab.

God-like.

I've never heard a cleaner sound. Color me satisfied.

My only complaint is that (as far as I know) the rack ears aren't yet being sold in the States, so I can't rackmount the head. Aside from that, there's none better on the market.

• Members

Right now I'm on the road for work, so I hunted down the local GC in Tampa, and took me a trip there. They have the 2X10 combo...so I plugged right in...

They had em there, eh? Sounds like a stop on the way home tomorrow is in order.... (Evil laugh)

• Members

When were you at the Tampa store, and what other stuff did they have there, I lve about 45 mins. away from there and there is not a whole lot of stuff closer to me

As in amps or basses?

Basses: a Bongo, some Stingrays, a used Marcus Miller J, a Modulus Q6 & a fretless Q6...some nicer stuff.

Amps: Markbass 2X10 combo...I didn't notice anything else, since I was so interested in that...but it was the only MB they had.

Archived