lookie what i found! GBE 500H

jonathan_matos5

• Members

im the high bidder so let me win people:mad:

:p

Patience grasshopper - all you're doing by bidding now is driving up your final cost. Set your limit now and use esnipe to make your bid with 6 seconds left. And, bid an odd amount - if $250 is your top end, make your bid as $253.52.

• Members

Patience grasshopper - all you're doing by bidding now is driving up your final cost. Set your limit now and use esnipe to make your bid with 6 seconds left. And, bid an odd amount - if $250 is your top end, make your bid as $253.52.

esnipe is so cheap... it makes ebay a pain. I don't mind if I'm outbid by a manual sniper (it's what I do), but don't use a computer. C'mon now.

• Members

esnipe is so cheap... it makes ebay a pain. I don't mind if I'm outbid by a manual sniper (it's what I do), but don't use a computer. C'mon now.

That's fine if you have time to sit around and watch an auction. Some of these guys have complained about missing an item because they're at work.

It may be cheap - and I may beat your cheap ass because of it but baby - but if I see something, I'm in it to win it - up to a certain amount! :thu::D:wave:

• Members

Some general EBay tips I find really useful:

1) If you don't want anyone else to bid on an item, then you shouldn't notify a bunch of people who might be interested in said item. Posting the auction on a public bassist message board sort of defeats this. If you lose this item to someone else on this board, it will be your own fault.

2) If you're worried about getting sniped, BID YOUR MAXIMUM AMOUNT. This is the maximum amount you are willing to pay for the item. In other words, the number of dollars above which you will not or can not pay. That is, your final amount. In case you don't get it, if you "get sniped", it was because somebody was willing to pay more than this. If you don't get it, it's because they wanted it more than you did.

I'm being patronizing because apparently some people think that sniping is a scam. It isn't. It's someone getting the item because they have more money to spend than you. It's terribly legal and it's the goddamn American way.

• Members

1) If you don't want anyone else to bid on an item, then you shouldn't notify a bunch of people who might be interested in said item. Posting the auction on a public bassist message board sort of defeats this. If you lose this item to someone else on this board, it will be your own fault.

2) If you're worried about getting sniped, BID YOUR MAXIMUM AMOUNT. This is the maximum amount you are willing to pay for the item. In other words, the number of dollars above which you will not or can not pay. That is, your final amount. In case you don't get it, if you "get sniped", it was because somebody was willing to pay more than this. If you don't get it, it's because they wanted it more than you did.

I'm being patronizing because apparently some people think that sniping is a scam. It isn't. It's someone getting the item because they have more money to spend than you. It's terribly legal and it's the goddamn American way.

I agree.

• Members

Spoken like a Texan.

Posting something you want on a forum like this is kind of silly. Don't cry if someone else here purchases it - won't be me but I'll be watching.

I use enipe purely for the convenience. I ain't got mo more money than some of ya'll but I'm generally not lacking in common sense.

• Members

I agree, as well. Bid what you'll pay for it and you have nothing to worry about!

Archived