geddy lee bass price increase?

mobass

• Members

MF has em' for $799, IIRC that was the same price as the Dimebag Darrell Bass by Dean that I used to want. That's why I didn't mind switching my "dream bass" because they were both the same price, i.e., it'll take quite a while for me to save that much and get one. :thu:

• Members

Guys I am sorry but I just dont see what all the fuss is all about

I would much rather Have a Ric but that is just me

Most people would rather have a Ric. Most brand new Rics don't cost $700.:D Plus, they're two very different basses, not really comparable.

Personally, I'd rather have the Geddy over a Ric, but that's just me.

The fuss is all about the narrow neck and coated maple fretboard, and getting the USA electronics and a Badass bridge; if I were going to but another 4 string Fender, it would be the Geddy Jazz. I wish they'd put out a 5 string version with active electronics.:idea:

C7

• Members

I think that Fender/retail stores are getting the picture that The Geddy is an awsome and very popular bass. They fly out of the stores in my area, I was lucky to play one of them, and fell in love on the spot. I ran home and back to the store, traded in my Ibanex SRX705, got kind of ripped off, but it didn't matter I had enough money to buy the Geddy, and have since never GASsed for any other electric bass, my other band mates love it too.

• Members

If I may put my two cents worth in here;.......The Geddy was my first Bass. I still have it and probably will keep it forever. It's the combination of parts, fit and finish along with the playability that make them so appealing. I think if you guys realize that everything goes up faster in price than Fender products you'll see that these inceases are mild in comparison. I paid $790 dollars for a 40th Anniverary American Strat in 1994. What are they now??? $1099? When the GL came out ten years ago,what were they then?

• Members

If I may put my two cents worth in here;.......The Geddy was my first Bass. I still have it and probably will keep it forever. It's the combination of parts, fit and finish along with the playability that make them so appealing. I think if you guys realize that everything goes up faster in price than Fender products you'll see that these inceases are mild in comparison. I paid $790 dollars for a 40th Anniverary American Strat in 1994. What are they now??? $1099? When the GL came out ten years ago,what were they then?

I see your point; the GL would have been a wise investment decesion if bought before the price hilk for a higher resale value.

I need to start thinking more along those lines I suppose:thu:

• Members

they're nice basses, I own two and like them a lot - dropped a j-retro and white pearloid p/g in the 1st one (looks sharp) and left the 2nd one stock - the downsides to them are that the tuners could be better - that and having to remove the neck to adjust the truss rod is a little 'too' authentic - sometimes modernization is a good thing and certain practices become outdated for very good reason, regardless of trying to replicate the original specs - also, the inlays are painted on, and while it's still a good look, it looks super cheap up close

I bought them back when the price was lower and they were still supposed to be a ltd edition (has the neck plate that says so lol) - at any rate, they must have sold too well because they mass produced them for years and years now - I'm surprised the price hasn't gone up until just now, though I still think they'd sell more of them at the previous price - are these still CIJ?

Archived