I HAVE QUESTION

SYRINGEBASS

• Members

I am new to this forum, and would like to ask a question.

I am looking into buying the Tech21 Samsamp Bass Driver/DI.

Do any of you have any experience with this pedal? Is it worth buying or is it overrated? I have heard a ton of good things about it, but have never personally seen one in action. Any info/experiences you could share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Members

If you're just talking about the regular DI unit, I have one. It's fantastic. In fact, BP7770 recorded through it with his current band-Babblejack at my little studio. He may have some old clips of that-not sure.....His bass sound was phenominal, of course a big part was those great basses he owns!!:thu:

If you're talking about the programmable one, never tried it yet.

good luck!

Mr. Matt

• Members

In fact, BP7770 recorded through it with his current band-Babblejack at my little studio. He may have some old clips of that-not sure.....His bass sound was phenominal, of course a big part was those great basses he owns!!
:thu:

Oh yeah! I totally forgot I used a BDDI in your basement. Here's a link to Babblejack covering No Doubt's "Sunday Morning".

http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/28/Babblejack-SundayMorning.mp3

EDIT: I recorded with my Schecter Diamond Series Model T, which I just sold after acquiring my new Yamaha.:thu:

• Members

Oh yeah! I totally forgot I used a BDDI in your basement. Here's a link to Babblejack covering No Doubt's "Sunday Morning".

http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/28/Babblejack-SundayMorning.mp3

EDIT: I recorded with my Schecter Diamond Series Model T, which I just sold after acquiring my new Yamaha.
:thu:

That Schecter sounded pretty sweet! Can't wait to hear your yamaha.

Mr. Matt

• Members

I HAVE AN ANSWER

Some folks really like them, but I don't think anybody considers them a tube amp replacement. If you want warm tubey fat tone, the tube amp is still the best way to go in the long run.

*runs and hides*

• Members

I did that already you thread skipping bastage..

....and I'm surprised you havent bowed down to my avatar yet

I just noticed it before I read this post.

I do loves teh hottness...

His avatar has already been thoroughly abused though...

:D

• Members

Thanks for the input. I don't exactly have the bass of my dreams...what I have gets me by, but would love to upgrade...who wouldn't though huh. I just don't have the cash flow to do so.

My current equipment is:

Traben Chaos 4

Cort Curbow 5 (Bartolini)

Cort Artisan B4Fl (Bartolini)

Charvel Dinky 4 (Basslines P/J)

Pre-fender SWR 350 Red Head

Ampeg 610

I have a Boss Bass OD, would the Sansamp completely blow it out of the water? I have a tone in my head that I can exactly figure out how to get there. The closest thing I can find to it, is the bass player from Stavesacre...anyone have any ideas on how I can get there from where I am?

Archived