New Bass Time, w00tsies?

Hunter6

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLP-Ernie-Ball-Music-Man-StingRay-5-String-Bass-MM3-HSC_W0QQitemZ280083804769QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3265_12.JPG

It's an OLP yeah, but, I don't have enough funding for a Musicman at the moment.

I've heard some good things though, one of my buddies has an OLP fiver, and he only had good things to say about it. The look of this one just caught my eye, and it was only $113 at the time, so I grabbed it.

Good, bad, whazzat?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm sure you could, but I'm not a big fan of active electronics, as I generally stick with one EQ throughout, and I can just mess with the tone knob, and as far as I'm concerned, it's just one more battery to worry about.

• Members

So, guess what came today!?

dscf1064rr8.jpg

I REALLY like it.

It plays quite well. The low B's got less tension than I'm used to, but I'll figure it all out.

Yeah, my real SR5 is like that too, with the low tension and all. Someone recommended me some strings a while back to fix it, I can't remember what though.

Oh, and for only $113? NICE. :thu:

• Members

The neck is REAL smooth. I was expecting to have to 0000 Steel Wool it, but I didn't have to do anything to it.

And, it was actually $124. It was $113 when I bid, and the other guy's max was $120 something, so I just put a max of $125, and that's what it came out to be.

Archived