OT: DVD Shrink Replacement??

RSBro

• Members

Mine's becoming buggy and I haven't found any good replacements yet. Your take?
:)

Define "buggy"...

I've been using DVD Shrink forever and haven't had any problems with it, aside from the occasional scratched DVD that won't copy for {censored}...

• Members

Define "buggy"...

I've been using DVD Shrink forever and haven't had any problems with it, aside from the occasional scratched DVD that won't copy for {censored}...

I'm just getting random error messages that I used to not get. The last 3 years I've had zero issues. In the last 6 mo's I have stuff that says like "invalid menu navigation" or "memory loss error" during actual burning (which ruins a dvd, i might add! :mad: :mad: ), so i donno.

It's only working about 75% for me right now which is still good, but, yeah. If options are available, I can at least have a relief left-hander to come in at the top of the 8th.

• Members
I'm just getting random error messages that I used to not get. The last 3 years I've had zero issues. In the last 6 mo's I have stuff that says like "invalid menu navigation" or "memory loss error" during actual burning (which ruins a dvd, i might add!
:mad:
:mad: ), so i donno.

It's only working about 75% for me right now which is still good, but, yeah. If options are available, I can at least have a relief left-hander to come in at the top of the 8th.

DVD Shrink is no longer being developed. I believe you are getting those errors because you're running into DVDs that don't want to be decrypted by it, and have actively moved away from it.

Now, I use it all the time. It's easy, it works, and has good results. I get those errors on newer discs from time to time also. I use DVD Decrypter to decrypt the disc, then use DVD Shrink afterward to shrink it down to size.

• Members

I'm just getting random error messages that I used to not get. The last 3 years I've had zero issues. In the last 6 mo's I have stuff that says like "invalid menu navigation" or "memory loss error" during actual burning (which ruins a dvd, i might add!
:mad: ), so i donno.

Y'know what? Right after I posted my reply to this thread, I tried to copy a DVD with DVD Shrink and got an "Invalid Navigation Structure" error. Never had that happen before...

You bastage, you jinxed my DVD Shrink! :mad:

Guess I'll be looking for a new copy prog too... :D

• Members

DVD Shrink is no longer being developed. I believe you are getting those errors because you're running into DVDs that don't want to be decrypted by it, and have actively moved away from it.

Now, I use it all the time. It's easy, it works, and has good results. I get those errors on newer discs from time to time also. I use DVD Decrypter to decrypt the disc, then use DVD Shrink afterward to shrink it down to size.

Well I thought so too, but it's just random movies and a lot of them are older honestly. I "did" The Departed, Clerks 2 and Superman Returns no sweat. Then I tried to do my version of "Clerks" and it gave me the Menu Nav problem. I've had that DVD for 5-6 years.

Go figure. :confused:

I have DVD Decrypter also, so maybe I'll use that first and then burn w/ Shrink.

• Members

Y'know what? Right after I posted my reply to this thread, I tried to copy a DVD with DVD Shrink and got an "Invalid Navigation Structure" error. Never had that happen before...

You bastage, you jinxed my DVD Shrink!

Guess I'll be looking for a new copy prog too...
:D

Sucks, donnit? ;)

• Members

Get a copy of AnyDVD. It's a service that runs in the background and can get past any new encryption. It's made by the CloneCD, etc people and is updated aaaalll the time. Chances are if you get a dvd that can't be decrypted, the newest version of anydvd (or one within the next 3 days) can take care of it for you.

DVD Shrink + AnyDVD == burning heaven.

• Members

Get a copy of AnyDVD. It's a service that runs in the background and can get past any new encryption. It's made by the CloneCD, etc people and is updated aaaalll the time. Chances are if you get a dvd that can't be decrypted, the newest version of anydvd (or one within the next 3 days) can take care of it for you.

DVD Shrink + AnyDVD == burning heaven.

This is the correct answer.

"invalid menu navigation" and similar messages = copy protection.

"memory loss" error is more likely a problem with your system, not the program.

The only movie I haven't been able to...ahem..."enjoy at home" is The Descent. Everything else is cake.

This thread will probably be deleted shortly.

• Members

This is the correct answer.

"invalid menu navigation" and similar messages = copy protection.

"memory loss" error is more likely a problem with your system, not the program.

The only movie I haven't been able to...ahem..."enjoy at home" is The Descent. Everything else is cake.

This thread will probably be deleted shortly.

Same as asking for CD-copying software. :p

But I've got some good answers so I'm good! :thu:

• Members

Same as asking for CD-copying software.
:p

But I've got some good answers so I'm good!
:thu:

In your case I would try the following:

Use AnyDVD, as suggested above.

Turn off all background programs that are non-essential. Close any windows that are open that you don't need.

Temporarily turn off virus protection.

Stick it to the man.

Bonus points if they're George Lucas films.

• Members

My co-worker told me this morning that Ripit4me addresses the blank cells in many new DVD's used for additional "copywrite protection". You have to use it in conjunction with DVDShrink however, but it's worked for DVD's that DVDshrink and DVDencrypt could not manage.

Archived