Jam Band bassists

pianoman01

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I know what you Woody fans are saying, but Andy Hess ain't no slouch.

andy_hess_govt_mule_amsterdam_2005_01.jp

he has yet to impress me. I saw mule with him on bass in 2005, & he did nothing for me. and i havnt heard their new record yet, but he under plays so much on deja voodoo....not that thats a bad thing i guess. & his tone is very meh.

woody for life!

• Members
I know what you Woody fans are saying, but Andy Hess ain't no slouch.

andy_hess_govt_mule_amsterdam_2005_01.jp

He is definately a good player and good fit for the band, if Woody didn't play with Mule ever and Andy started the group instead, no one would doubt/disrespect him - not my intention at all. Unfortunately, Allen was first and that is how I will always think Mule should sound.

• Members
Danyel Morgan, and he plays Yamaha basses. I also recently found out that he lives in or near Columbus.
:thu:

rr4.jpg

Yeah, that guy!
I remember reading he'd switched over recently, but saw them on a Letterman Show on YouTube and he was rocking the HELL outta this Q6 in a dark red stain- whew, sounded great! :)

• Members

i consider the flecktones to be a jamband, how about the man the myth the legend VICTOR WOOTEN!!!!! still yet to find anyone i like that much, though I love Mike Gordon as well, such tasteful playing, listen to him in the backround of "Lizards" the slow jam part at the end (with the tear jerkingly gorgeous guitar part over it)

• Members
I just recently read up on what a "Jam Band" is on C/Net, sounds like a cool idea not to be locked into a song and having the freedom to improvise if you like. I wouldn't mind being in a Jam Band.
:thu:

It's great. I'm in a jam band, and its one of the best things ever. Find a guitarist and a drummer who can improvise, and then go on from there.

• Members

he has yet to impress me. I saw mule with him on bass in 2005, & he did nothing for me. and i havnt heard their new record yet, but he under plays so much on deja voodoo....not that thats a bad thing i guess. & his tone is very meh.

woody for life!

I saw them live This winter, and the mix was so bad that I have no idea what he was playing. I'm thinking P through an SVT isnt' the recipe to cut in a big room either. Dude in the opening act had the same rig, and same problem.

Archived