Test Drive: 4 Vehicles

Thunderbroom

• Members

10136_YZQZTVMKSTVKY.jpg

2007 Toyota RAV4

Compared to the other vehicles, this was our least favorite. We were both expecting much more. It was fine, but we compared to the less expensive Matrix, we weren't impressed.

20097881-396x249.jpg

2007 Toyota Matrix XR

The surprise of the day. We hadn't even considered it until we saw it on the showroom floor. Great ride. Pretty roomy. Adequate storage. ~$4500 cheaper than the RAV4.

2005.scion.xb.jpg

2006 Scion xB

I liked it though it does feel cheap compared to the other cars we drove. I would buy one if my budget didn't allow more (or we hadn't driven the Matrix).

8275.jpg

2007 Honda CR-V

Hands-down the winner for the day. Of course, it should be considering it was the most expensive of the bunch. This vehicle is just smooooth.

I think we've narrowed it down the the CR-V and the Matrix and are considering both new and used for each pending the best deal we can find.

• Members

Nice!

You narrowed the Rav 4 out for me. I didn't think of a Matrix either. I'll have to give that a spin. The CR-V is pretty sweet, isn't it. I was so bummed when I couldn't take one home. Oh well. Time will come. I really shouldn't be making any major decisions until baby comes.

• Members

Nice!

You narrowed the Rav 4 out for me. I didn't think of a Matrix either. I'll have to give that a spin. The CR-V is pretty sweet, isn't it. I was so bummed when I couldn't take one home. Oh well. Time will come. I really shouldn't be making any major decisions until baby comes.

I'm just having a tough time justifying the outflow of cash for the CRV. I'm thinking that maybe the LX would work for us instead of the loaded one or maybe get a used one with ~20k on it already.

• Members

I'm just having a tough time justifying the outflow of cash for the CRV. I'm thinking that maybe the LX would work for us instead of the loaded one or maybe get a used one with ~20k on it already.

Can't go wrong with either one.

I feel ya on the $$. It was hard doling out the dough for my wife's Civic EX (almost $21K by the time we were done), but hey if they are everything they are reputed to be, we'll put 150K+ miles on it no problem. Might as well get the one you really want if you're gonna keep for the long haul, right?;)

• Members

My grandparents own a 2006 Rav4 and a 2001 Camry. They never drive the Camry.:D

They used to have one of the older Rav4's and it was like driving a Suzuki Samurai, but I actually like the new one. Although I personally like the Hyundai Tucson better and it's priced alot nicer...

I've never driven the CR-V so I don't have an opinion on it, but I have driven a Matrix and I liked it alot. They make an AWD version if I'm not mistaken, that's the one I'd get...

C7

• Members

i went through all of them also a few months ago but we also tried a mazda. i ended up with the scion. i don't regret it at all. its the best car that i have ever bought and its definitely the best gig car that i have ever owned.

• Members

:confused:

Man, it's a square cookie jar on wheels.. All it needs is an Elmo sticker.

But I LOVE cookies! :D

I dunno, to me, all the other ones look real butt fugly. I like cars with distinctive character, and most cars on the road these days all look alike...and pretty damn cheezy.

I'd check out Mazda's CX7. I've been liking Mazda's designs a lot over the past few years...MUCH better than their competitors offerings, but that's just me.

Anyway...I borrowed my Dad's new CX7 last night to pickup a new water heater, and was really impressed with it overall...and he's just got the base model.

• Members

But I LOVE cookies!
:D
I dunno, to me, all the other ones look real butt fugly. I like cars with distinctive character, and most cars on the road these days all look alike...and pretty damn cheezy.

I'd check out Mazda's CX7. I've been liking Mazda's designs a lot over the past few years...MUCH better than their competitors offerings, but that's just me.

Anyway...I borrowed my Dad's new CX7 last night to pickup a new water heater, and was really impressed with it overall...and he's just got the base model.

Hater.

• Members

I had a pontiac vibe as a rental car for a 400 mile road trip (long story) and thought it was pretty uncomfortable. The ride was really stiff and the upholstery gave me road rash on my elbow. I don't know how different the toyota is, and this was about 3 years back., so YMMV

Archived