Fullerton Bass Review

tkachuk07

• Members

Received the $50 Fullerton P-Bass copy today from music123. I'm a guitar player, so I picked up the cheap bass just to have around.

Lightweight - in the 5-6lb range. Made of basswood which is a lighter wood & the body seems a little thinner than your typical Fender.

Initial Setup was unplayable. Truss rod was way off with the strings touching the frets. I've got it playable now, need to fine tune it some more over the next few days.

Fret ends are slightly sharp, need to be touched up with a file.

Finish looks good. Pots, tuners, bridge, jack, etc, seem pretty solid to me. I don't see myself upgrading. I'm sure there's better, but it all works for me.

Here's some pics & a link to a clip I made through a Line 6 Guitarport. I used 2 stock bass patches.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=505465

Fullerton2.jpg

Fullerton1.jpg

• Members

that is a good lookin 50 dollar guitar,... how's it play?

It plays fine. I still need to do some more work on the setup though. I adjusted it from the terrible factory setup to make it playable. I was comfortable with it just noodling around last night. Still need to set the intonation & make some fine adjustments to the truss rod & saddles to get the action as comfortable as possible.

Since the body is so light the neck likes to dive to the ground if you have it strapped up & take your hands off the bass. So it's not perfectly balanced much like Gibson SG's.

• Members

It plays fine. I still need to do some more work on the setup though. I adjusted it from the terrible factory setup to make it playable. I was comfortable with it just noodling around last night. Still need to set the intonation & make some fine adjustments to the truss rod & saddles to get the action as comfortable as possible.

Since the body is so light the neck likes to dive to the ground if you have it strapped up & take your hands off the bass. So it's not perfectly balanced much like Gibson SG's.

I have been looking at fullerton line and I have to say that I am impressed with the looks I may have to take a little closer look especially at this fretless :thu:

291092.jpg

Archived