Recommend me some good pop bass lines?

Billystrat

• Members

Alright my band is working on a demo, our style is pop rock basically what you'd hear on a modern radio station. I'm fighting the battle of not wanting to overplay, but I don't want my lines to put people to sleep. So, if you have a second, recommend me some great pop/rock bass lines, songs, players, albums etc. Old or new doesn't matter, I just need my I IV Vs and my I V vi IVs to be solid yet still have life to them. Thanks.

• Members

I've always really liked Colin Greenwoods bass playing with Radiohead. Check out pretty much anything he did on The Bends; that may be similar to the style you play in and its perfect without overplaying.

Ah The Bends is a great album, I have to pull that out.

• Members

Alright my band is working on a demo, our style is pop rock basically what you'd hear on a modern radio station. I'm fighting the battle of not wanting to overplay, but I don't want my lines to put people to sleep. So, if you have a second, recommend me some great pop/rock bass lines, songs, players, albums etc. Old or new doesn't matter, I just need my I IV Vs and my I V vi IVs to be solid yet still have life to them. Thanks.

People actually listen to bass in pop? :eek::confused:

• Members

'Lovely Rita' off Sgt Pepper is a nice walkin pop line, sort of similar to 'Penny Lane' but more bouncy - it sounds good, utilisies the triad and passing notes in the chords, you have to think (especially if you're going to sing it too) but most importantly you have fun

• Members

Maybe a bit too funk, but Jamiroquia.

Something with a rocky edge - "Let me entertain you" by Robbie Williams.

Angels by Robbie Williams to - I found the bassline suprising the first time I played it.

"All right now" by Free. Simple bassline, but legendry. Pure genious.

Archived